If the pick stays as #2, who are you happy in getting?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanJeff, Apr 21, 2015.

?
  1. Marcus Mariota

49 vote(s)
    59.8%
  2. Jamis Winston

28 vote(s)
    34.1%
  3. Leonard Williams

50 vote(s)
    61.0%
  4. Dante Fowler Jr.

17 vote(s)
    20.7%
  5. Amari Cooper

37 vote(s)
    45.1%
  6. Vic Beasley

7 vote(s)
    8.5%
  7. Kevin White

22 vote(s)
    26.8%
  8. Trae Waynes

3 vote(s)
    3.7%
  9. Danny Shelton

4 vote(s)
    4.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I, for one, am very glad that the draft is 4 days away. Then we can stop arguing over who we should pick and transition to b!tch!ing about who we did pick.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  2. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

coming from the guy who loved Jake Locker! Where is he these days?? Can't take you serious after that whole debate

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  3. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

did you look at my avatar......

also yes. my judgements on titans player are through rose colored glasses. ill admit it, never said i wasnt a giant homer.

#103 520, Apr 26, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2015
  4. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Nearer the draft gets, more I want Mariota..

5. Carp

Carp Starter

I was all about Mariotta about 3 months ago. I have since been flip flopping with him and Williams. Obviously if Winston is passed by the Bucs then you take him.

We're in a rare situation that if stay at 2, I feel like I won't be disappointed with whoever we pick. Because realistically, it can only be one of those 3 players. It's also strange how we could pick the consensus top player in the draft (Williams) and most will likely be disappointed and consider it a dumb pick.

Best case is still to trade out and get 3 first round picks out it. But I won't mind if we keep the pick either.

6. titanbaknedkly

titanbaknedkly Starter

We pretty much have to draft either Mariota or Winston if he falls to us. I guarantee that Wiz and company are not going to go into next season with jobs on the line with a 6th rd QB to lead the team. Mariota or Winston will at least guarantee them 2 more years.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 2
  7. 520

Having to draft a qb is the dumbest thing ever. Did Houston last year?? No. We aren't this year either because mett is going to get more wins than mariota and that in turn will keep whiz employed.

• Unreadable Unreadable x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. titanbaknedkly

titanbaknedkly Starter

I don't see why you would BS my post when it is 100% accurate. Just because you don't like Mariota doesn't make it any less truthful but to each their own. The dumbest thing ever is going into next season with an injury prone 2nd year 6th rd QB as our starter and Clipboard as our backup and some no name QB as our emergency backup. If our front office is drafting sixth rd QBs to be our franchise QBs of the future then they all deserve to be fired and our franchise deserves to be where they are at which is 2-14.

And I wouldn't use Houston as an example when it is arguable that they would be a lot better and stable at the QB position if they had drafted Bridgewater. Now they are in a position where there team is still a QB away from competing for the playoffs.

9. 520

Its bs because its bs reasoning.

Whiz is going to go down his way if he goes down, taking mariota would be waving a white flag and asking to stay in the foxhole for a year before getting fired anyway.

Plus whiz is getting paid either way, guaranteed contract. Why would he worry about getting fired in year two if his guaranteed 5 year contract? He's not gonna give mariota his last year or two of being a head coach

Also how would it look on future interviews that you out your personal interest before the interests if the longterm success if the franchise.

Do me a favor, tell me who whiz drafted round 1 in his last year in phoenix.....I'll wait. He drafted what was best for the long term success if the team not what would secure his job.

But you dismissing mett as just a sixth round pick tells me all I need to know of your football knowledge.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Maybe you should read his post first....

He is saying that Whis and Webster are going to be pressured to go QB first out of job security. I have said this in the past as well (going QB early buys time, where not going QB early and struggling with Mett about guarantees a pink slip for them unless they really improve).

Houston's case is not comparable because O'Brien was in his first year as a coach...he still had a grace period. He could afford to be more objective in his analysis (like this year, top tier talent at QB was slim last year IMO).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar