If the draft were today....

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Bobo, Oct 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smart***Titan

Smart***Titan Camp Fodder

If Marcus Thomas is available at any point on the second day, I think you take him. Thomas was actually kicked off the team for not showing up for curfew, not for pot smoking. He was of course on probation for smoking pot. But he actually only tested positve once, admitted that he had been smoking, then was tested roughly two weeks after the original test and of course tested positive again. Anyone who knows drug tests knows that pot will stay in your system for at least 30 days. The NCAA and UF looked at it through appeals commitee and decided that this was a bad test, and Thomas did not test positive since that date so he was reinstated. The reason he was kicked off was e was out after curfew on Halloween. He was on a date at an amusement park. After getting kicked off the team, he actually sent a letter of apology to the team, to Meyer, to the AD, gainsville sun, and Florida's scout.com and rivals.com sites. In my mind that's a pretty stand up move.

Also the fact that he's a good football player, who would be a great player off the bench or starter if we don't keep smith or albert, would make him an easier pill to swallow.

2. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Not necessarily. He's good, but I don't think this team can handle many more bad apples.

3. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Albert will be hear no doubt he's to much of a vital part of our D and everyone couldn't wait to get him back from his suspension. Hopefully robaire is back to but if he isn't he definetly replaceable but I would like him here. Thomas is a first day pick if he's stays off weed so why nt take a chance on a guy with his talent and he did apologize like stated before and the one test was bad so maybe it was a one time thingtake a chance the guy can ball especially second day.

4. Pass Rush

Pass Rush Guest

How long is Smith's contract? I get the feeling he'll leave in FA again.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Robaire Smith? He got a one year deal.

6. we shouldnt let him go, we need to try and keep him cheap, same with tony brown

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Keep him cheap? :ha: :nono: It won't be that easy, I think. Not saying he'll get as large a contract from us, but Robaire left us for a decent deal from the Texans. Something like six years, $26.3 million. The $1M we gave him this year is not indicative of what he'll earn next year. The Titans and Smith both did each other a favor this year.

8. Architect

Architect Pain Train

Does anybody remeber what we got for Volek?

9. Pass Rush

Pass Rush Guest

I think it's a conditional 6th, rises to 5th depending upon game time.

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

which is nil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar