If the draft were today....

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Bobo, Oct 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TWR#1

TWR#1 Guest

I know this topic was made some time ago,but as of right now i believe if the draft were lets say tomorrow,we'd be picking 8th...and the likes of Calvin Johnson and Adrian Peterson would be long gone.However there would possibly be Dwayne Jarrett,LaRon Landry,and Tedd Ginn Jr. still left.

And Id rather go with one of the WR's because this WR class is more top-heavy where the talent level of safety is spread through out the draft,but both positions seem to be very deep this year if the juniors expected to come out do.

My Ideal Mock:
    Rd1(8)-Jarrett(WR,USC)/Ginn JR(WR,OSU)-We need a WR,its actually becoming more than a need.Bennett is a UFA and im not sure if he even wants te re-up here.Wade is so inconsistent catching the ball,and Brandon Jones hasnt shown the promise he did last year.We need a WR who can be our number 1 for years,and develope great chemistry with Young as well as becoming a game changer and a dynamic playmaker.

Rd2(40)-Reggie Nelson(S,Florida)-He is a very good safety prospect,and this is probably the only draft you would see him fall to the second round.He is going to be good at the next level he has that certain "it" to make it.He's athletic,pretty tall,very fast,has great speed into his backpedals and make-up speed.Shows great range,and very good tackling.Also is a great special teams player much like Ed Reed in terms of blocks and even being reliable in crunch situations to field the tough punts.Was slated to play Corner at the begining of the year,so he is a good man-to-man guy,but Florida wanted him to make more of an impact and thought he would beable to do that more from the Safety position.

Rd3(72)-Anthony Spencer(DE,Purdue)/Aaron Ross(CB,Texas)-Its hard to actually do a mock before the season is over and FA is done.Because we have "41 million" to work with this year,and i no we'll be active in the off-season,and we could easily get a starter at both of these positions in FA,but we could still use the depth at either CB or DE.

In FA there are some very interesting prospects we could look at to sign,but the the thing that ticks me off the most is that I'm not sure if we'll get a S or not because noone knows what Lowry looks like,because Fisher is so darn loyal,we'll never get a look at him till that bum with the really long dread(lol) gets cut.So hopefully we'll get a better look towards the end of the season.

Some players that look like interesting pick-ups to me:
    Eric Steinbach G,Bengals
    Nate Clements(CB,Bills)/Asante Samuel(CB,Patriots)
    Justin Smith DE, Bengals*
    Adalius Thomas ATH,Ravens

*I'm not sold on get a big money DE yet,i mean i dont like LaBoy and Odom cant stay healthy enough to even play,but i like Brown and Scott looked pretty good last week,but was that a fluke....We'll know by season end if this is a high position of need..As of right now I say yes

2. Pass Rush

Pass Rush Guest

This is how i see it all going down if the draft were today...

Bud fires Floyd and Schwartz (thank god), then gets Fisher to be GM as well as Head Coach.

Robeast, Bennett and Henry all go in FA.

Clements, Fred Taylor and Terrell Suggs all come in FA.

Ratbirds win the Super Bowl, which sucks, but that means Suggs joins us and McNair retires, then becomes part of the coaching staff, because he likes Fisher, and that idiot Reese is gone. We trade Chris brown to some schmuck who is willing to give up a 5th/6th rounder.

So now our main holes are: #1 WR, FS and DT. We also need backups for O-Line and secondary.

Say we are drafting at #10, all the players we want like Johnson, Adams and Peterson will be gone so we draft Ted Ginn to be our hot-shot receiver, Brandon Merriweather, FS, because Fisher sees his talent and thinks he can coach the nastiness out of him, DeMarcus 'Tank' Tyler, DT, to team with KVB, Suggs and Al for a sick D-Line.

On day 2 we hunt for guys to eventually replace Mawae and Olson. Best OG available, and Ryan Kalil of USC if he's available. With the 6th rounders we search for a backup QB and another running back to spell LenDale. And as we've done the last two years, use the 7th on a CB, who will have an awesome rookie season just like Reynaldo and Finnegan.

Thoughts? i heard that Suggs and Taylor are off contract, i am assuming this is true.

3. TWR#1

TWR#1 Guest

No I dont think Suggs is a FA....That would be Adalius Thomas....You cant trade Chris Brown,simply because he will be a UFA...Fisher isnt going anywhere...Travis Henry and Robaire Smith arent going anywhere,but Drew Bennett can go and for all i care he can let the door hit him on the way out...

but todays obvious big needs were a CB opposite of Pac,someone to replace lamont thompson....some more beef on the O-Line...and someone on D that can put more pressure on the QB from any where on the field(which is why i like Adalius Thomas)

I think we should sign these players:
    Adalius Thomas DE/LB/ATH from Baltimore
    Asante Samuel CB from Patriots
    Eric Steinbach G from Bengals

That fixes our pass rush problems on D,it also replaces Benji Olson,and beefs up our pass protection and run blocking...And also gets Reynaldo Hill out of the lineup,and we now would have 2 very talented young corners on the outside.

Then in the draft we take BPA at either S or WR in round 1 and in round 2 take BPA of the position you didnt take in round 1..
    I would like this the most

Rd1-Dwayne Jarrett WR,USC
    Rd2-Reggie Nelson S,Florida

and from there out I think we should just go BPA and beef up our D and Oline some more as well as some extra depth at LB and CB.

4. Pass Rush

Pass Rush Guest

Reggie Nelson is not going to fall to Rd 2, at this rate anyway. And I reckon Samuel will be like Pats WRs, good in New england but crap outside the system.

5. Smart***Titan

Smart***Titan Camp Fodder

Exactly how I see it Pass Rush. I think several members of the press have pointed out that Samuel would be best served to return to New England, but chances are some team is going to ill-advisedly give him a bunch of money as a FA. Hopefully that won't be us. As I've pointed out in several threads, Reggie Nelson is an absolute beast. This draft is deep in several positions, and safety is one of them, however I don't see a playmake like Nelson dropping into the second round. However, if he does.... If anyone saw the FSU game, Nelson had an interception, knocked the FSU FULLBACK out of the game with one of his hits, and chased Lorenzo Booker (a 4.3 guy) down before he got to the endzone. Landry may go first, but Nelson is going to be one heck of a player for whoever takes him.

6. tedd ginn, calvin johnson, and i like the sound of that Nelson guy

7. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Dwayne Jarrett, please. :hmm:

8. SuperVince

SuperVince Camp Fodder

after that one handed catch against ND and us winning I believe Jarrett might be the only true option at receiver left if we decided hold off the D for the second round

9. This guy (smittyjs) on nfldraftcountdown.com has made an excellent 7 round mock draft for the titans, here it is up until the 4th round...

10. And here is the rest of the mock...

4th round pick: Leroy Harris C NCST We need a future Center, good pick here.
    [​IMG]

5th round Pick: John Talley CB DukeCB talent is really there, i expect the titans to go after a FA during the offseason, but Hill have been terrible. Michael Waddell haven't done anything this season and Woolfolk has also been trash.
    [​IMG]

6th Round Pick: Thomas Brown RB GeorgiaCB is gone we need a speedster IMO, he will be a good exchange from two powerbacks like Lendale White and Henry.
    [​IMG]

7th Round Pick: Jeremy Clark DT BamaIf he here in the 7th round he would be a good pick here, Fat Albert i'm hooing he will be a titan next year, but Randy Starks could be gone, same with Smith and Long is coming back from injury.
    [​IMG][/quote]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar