Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

If Running Game Falters or Defense Has Issues Can Jake Locker Lead The Team Effectively?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Sep 14, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 7 users.
  1. DownSouthPlayer Starter

Moolah:
    $6,456
    Locker 148 yards passing. And lost

to compare to a good QB was wasnt taken 8th overall btw...

Aaron Rodger had 480 passing yards today. And won.
  2. Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Wright
    Moolah:
    $40
    He played a decent game, but that is just it. They are going to have to put him out there pretty soon.
  3. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,216
    He is behind some guys, thats ok thou.

Again, I say this for the 50 millionth time, Jake hasn't learned the QB position the way most NFL QB's do. He wasn't playing an NFL QB role in high school like most NFL QB;s do. He's a young QB, only played QB for 5-6 years, he's got room to grow, and he will grow. Just stick with this guy and it'll pay off.

Jake Locker will become an asset at some point, and probably sooner rather than later.
  4. SawdustMan Pro Bowler

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $12,954
    Wouldn't you agree that, at some point, a supposed "Franchise QB" should be able to play at a high level against a great defense? It's the NFL. There are a lot of great defenses. We have to start setting a higher standard other than "Well, at least he didn't turn the ball over." We're headed into the 3rd week of the season and our guy still hasn't even thrown for 150 yards in a game. That's just not going to cut it. Jake Locker is horribly, horribly inconsistent. And I think that's a problem we're going to be dealing with all season long.

CJ had a good game and you couldn't have asked for much more from a defense that was on the field for 43 minutes and had to suffer through 5 straight 3 and outs from our pathetic offense. This loss sits squarely on the shoulders of Locker and Loggains IMO (to be fair, more so Loggains). I just can't buy into the idea of "Oh, Locker's doing all they're asking of him". Think maybe there's a reason they're not asking a lot of him? I mean, I realize we're a run-first team. But I have a strong feeling if we had a legit passer at QB they'd be asking a lot more of him than they are of Locker.
    nbtoppers2 high fives this.
  5. nytitaner Starter

Moolah:
    $831
    Jake needs to see the Dali Lama or something. he needs to relax and become one with the position, he gets nervous and tries to over muscle everything. Maybe with time he will become more fluid, I like Jake but he reminds me of Tebow a little, with way better mechanics tho. I kinda wish we could see Fitz play for a half without tampering with Jakes confidence, that wont happen tho. He still looks uncomfortable but he may come out of it, I really hope he does but cant say for sure.
    cdubbs2121 high fives this.
  6. BASDawg Practice Squad

Moolah:
    $5

I don't give a flying fork about his life's story. He is a starting NFL QB NOW. He either does the job or not. Today's loss is on him. When we needed a clock killing drive at the end, he did not deliver. No excuses. It's on him.
  7. cdubbs2121 Starter

C. Johnson
    Moolah:
    $4,458
    LOCKER NEEDS TO STOP BURPING THE BABY!!!!!
  8. cdubbs2121 Starter

C. Johnson
    Moolah:
    $4,458

THANK YOU!!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!! NO ONE CARES ABOUT LOCKERS PAST AND HIS GREAT CHARACTER!
  9. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,216
    NFL QB's don't come out of nowhere, its a process. You can act prematurely and give up on a guy worth sticking with, or you can wake up and see the good he offers. Chance Warmack didnt exactly do his job all day and neither did the inside lineman, no QB is going to explode the way you hope for them to when all 3 inside linemen are getting torched.
  10. Inaccurate Passer Special Teams Standout

Moolah:
    $2,176
    Tannehill was playing WR in college 3 years ago, he started like 20 games in college as a qb and was drafted as a raw project qb. Look at how ahead of the curve he looks compared to Locker, Tannehill was supposed to be a 2 or 3 year project and he's already putting himself in the discussion with Luck and RG3. I live in Pac-12 country and guys have been talking about Locker's upcoming improvement for years now while numerous Pac-12 qb's passed him by in production and now young qb's are doing it in the NFL.