If Running Game Falters or Defense Has Issues Can Jake Locker Lead The Team Effectively?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Sep 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roy322

Roy322 Starter

If houston gets after jake they could be playing into jakes hands as we all know locker is a much better passer on the run , i hope all 3 running backs are available wouldnt surprise me to see Cj & greene or battle in at the same time throwing some curves to the houston defense

2. DownSouthPlayer

DownSouthPlayer Starter

Jake Locker # 8th pick overall in the 2011 draft.

Colin Kaepernick #36 overall.

Why would the Titans select a poor QB who wasn't ready over someone who was? actually a lot of teams had poor scouting in 2011. Gabbert,Ponder,Locker. and thats why those teams will never see another SB. Don't draft crap QB's cause you think they fit your losing system. You change your system so you can pick a winning QB and make the playoffs.

Our system sucks! We have talent at WR and we cant take advantage of them. Jared Cook was saved when he left. Now he has a shot at the pro bowl.

3. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

There were a few of us who really liked Kaepernick but there was no way the team was going to draft him at the number 8 spot in the first round.However we could've went defense in the first round and got someone like J.J. Watt who went a couple picks later.Of course we could've picked Watt in the first and then moved up a few spots in the second round and nabbed Kaepernick but hindsight is 20/20.

We have Jake Locker so i'm going to throw my full support behind him and hope he starts to play much better in his third season here.

4. davidc502

davidc502 Starter

No

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Locker played a decent game. Stop hating on the guy. He's a young QB going up against a great D. Be glad he didn't turn the ball over and gave us a shot to win.

Schaub has hit his ceiling. Locker isn't even close to his ceiling.

We'll get better as the season goes on. The Texans will stay the same.

6. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Locker played a terribly inconsistent game and I was one of the three main reasons that we lost today (play calling and penalties being the others). He had two drives where he was awesome but other then that he was inaccurate and did nothing against the blitz. If he hit Britt (who was wide open) on the 3rd down pass in our last drive we probably win this game.

7. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

It was ONE bad pass. What about Schaub's pick? Is Schaub all of a sudden garbage because in my eyes his game was worse than Locker's. At least Locker didn't turn the ball over.

8. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

I don't think so. For a third year guy, his throws are still far too erratic, and his accuracy troubles appear to be correct. Plus he is part of a frady-cat offense, which lacks killer instinct and when to know to keep their foot on the gas.

9. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

He didn't throw only one bad pass though as (outside of the two touchdown drives) he was inconsistent and inaccurate. He also took 2-3 sacks that he didn't have to because he held onto the ball for two long instead of throwing it away. I like Locker and I wanted us to draft him but he is making some of the same mistakes Vince Young use to make in 2007 and that will not win us enough games to make us a playoff contender.

10. Inaccurate Passer

Inaccurate Passer Starter

Sorry, can't keep calling these sub 150 passing yard games decent when you have similar young qb's like Ryan Tannehill throwing 300 yards a game and beating the Colts on the road. Tannehill was an 8th pick too, and he played college qb for like 2 years. Or EJ Manuel who is throwing for 296 and a game winning TD in the final seconds of his second start. When you compare the progress that other young guys are making to Locker he is miles behind all of them except guys like Ponder and Gabbert

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar