If RGIII is Cleveland's guy, do they trade with us...?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanUpB4UGO, Mar 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

...to try and get Tunsil? Them taking a QB at No.2 would instantly create a QB controversy from Day 1, and would greatly affect RGIII's confidence, always looking over his shoulder and looking to get out of Cleveland as fast as he can. This is why I think Hue Jackson is all in on RGIII, despite many people thinking he's just a placeholder. The guy has franchise potential, and under Hue Jackson, he'd have a decent chance.

What's more is, he supposedly blew Hue Jackson away in the his private workouts. My bet, at this point is, in order to give RGIII a legit chance to revive his career and become Cleveland's franchise QB, they are going to HAVE to take a QB outside of the 1st Rd. What do they then do with that No.2?

They lost RT Schwartz in FA, so they might covet Tunsil. No.2 is a bit too high to take OT Stanley. So, do they trade us their No.2 pick to move up to No.1 to get Tunsil, to help them protect RGIII? That's what I think it would take.

Would allow us to go ahead and take Bosa, Ramsey or Buckner at No.2, and then have the first two picks of the 2nd Rd to hopefully snag one of the OT's with a 1st Rd grade (Decker, Conklin, Spriggs, Ifedi)...although we might have to package one of those with a 4th Rd to move up to the bottom 1/3 of the first rd, to get one of them.

They might instead try to trade their No.2, to move back and get extra picks, but I can't see with whom they could trade with, as there is no one directly behind them wanting a QB.

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
    • WTF?! WTF?! x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

dude please

• LOL x 5
    • High Five x 1
    • Cheers x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Troll x 1
  3. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Chopyourhandoffb4upost

• LOL LOL x 9
  4. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Browns told RG3 that it was likely he would have to compete with a very highly drafted rookie.

RG3 Said he was willing to take a young qb under his wing

Hue called RG3 a long term project.

Doesn't seem like Browns are all in on rg3 just yet

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

[​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 3
    • Cheers Cheers x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. Fairweather Fan

Fairweather Fan Pro Bowler

Didn't you make a thread about Cleveland trading with us to take a QB at one point?

I'm going to make this simple for you. The chances of Cleveland trading from one to two is absolutely zero.

7. BamaTitan89

BamaTitan89 Camp Fodder

Trading from 2 to 1 makes absolutely no sense. Especially since JR would know what the Browns would be doing anyways.

8. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Well that's beacuse they already have the #2 pick.

• LOL LOL x 1
  9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I think the chances of the Browns moving up to the #1 spot is .01% but it works in one scenario only. IF the Browns don't like any of the top 3 QB's and fthink Tunsil is a Hall of Fame LT AND they won't be ready to compete for playoffs or better by the time Joe Thomas will be nearing the end of his career, they COULD trade us Joe Thomas in exchange for swapping 1st round picks. We get Thomas and pick at #2 while Cleveland takes Tunsil at #1 and either takes a QB in the next round or decide they need to build up the team and go for a better QB in the next class (and endure a losing season behind McCown or RG3).

This scenario is HIGHLY unlikely because the Browns would be admitting they are throwing away this season. Additionally, if you don't want one of the QB's, you trade down and get as many picks as you can!!! of course, if NO ONE wants to move up and their choice is move up for Tunsil (essentially resetting their LT spot to his career matches with their QB's...

But realistically, while they have let a lot of talent walk, they have kept Thomas and their owner said they aren't moving him. Why do you keep an excellent LT on a rebuilding team? To protect your new franchise QB (and no, it's not RG3)!!!

95% chance they take a QB at #2 and 70/30 it's Wentz!

10. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

Bad because you happen to disagree about RGIII? How in the hell would you know one way or the otherr? You don't, so funk off.

• Boring x 2
    • Pigeon Bomb x 1
    • WTF?! x 1
    • Bullsh*t x 1
    • Unreadable x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar