If Pac leaves, do you think we should go more towards Cover 2?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bigreese82, Mar 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigreese82

bigreese82 Camp Fodder

From my understanding this is a bend but don't break defensive scheme and it's very good against the run. I think it's alot easier to hide the talentless Cb in a zone system than in a Man-to Man system
    Rookies, even the most talented ones have headaches going man vs man in their rookie year
    Any thoughts? Wonder if Schwartzy could actually make an adjustment to fit his personnel for once

2. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

I think Fisher likes the man coverage scheme as well....Also, I don't think Adam is going anywhere.

Of course, I didn't think Freak would leave...I thought Eddie would renegotiate...and there was NO way they really locked McNair out of the workout facility. Eh, I guess it goes to show what I know!

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Well when your team has a bad front office everyone would be wrong.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

who's ?

5. 2ToneBlue

2ToneBlue Starter

Yeah let's use cover 2 and give Lamont Thompson an entire half of the field to cover, should work out well...

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

just like a 3-4, we do not have the proper personnel for such a scheme
    makes you wonder if you should just scrap it all and start over from scratch

7. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

We have one CB who could play man, that guy may not be back or on the field to start the season, if at all.

Maybe a zone oriented defense would be a change. It worked for Indy.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

They've had one of the worst defenses for the past three years.

9. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

If we get rid of PacMan, there is no defense, xcept for Hope, and Bulluck, and for some reaason some ppl think Bulluck really isnt that good, so idk what yall think but were goin back 2+ yrs defensively if they get rid of him, and if that happens, fisher and feldt wont be around for another 2+ yrs

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

We could play a cover 2 real well IMO if we replaced Thompson with a S who could cover more ground, take better angles and not constantly get burned.

We have two excellant cover 2 OLBs. The problem is we don't have a great pass rush right now and contrary to what was stated earlier cover 2 isn't a great defense against the run. Playing the Ss back doesn't work as well against the run even though it does keep the offense from having as many big plays.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar