If only we had a real coach

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 520, Mar 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Lol how was I whining? Just statting facts. I'm behind mularkey. I'll be cheering for a w every week. I'll be so close behind mularkey when he's fired in 19 months I'll be able to push him out the door

2. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Having Mularkey as head coach tempers my expectations and basically sucks any excitement I could possibly have.

Someone early said he "deserves" a chance to show what he can do... I would love someone to explain why Mularkey "deserves" it? I certainly dont see it that way. I see someone who did NOT deserve a 3rd chance be given a 3rd chance.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

While I wasn't a huge fan of the Mularky hire, I am sort of okay with it after giving some thought . Here is why....
    As I look at most if not all of the guys that most people consider good coaches capable of winning a super bowl...most of them have one thing in common...they were AT BEST average until they found a good QB.

Dungy-Manning
    Coughlin-Manning
    Belichick - Brady
    Carroll- Wilson
    Fisher -McNair
    Tomlin - Rosthlesburger
    Whisenhunt - Warner
    Kubiak - Manning

I could keep going but it's just more names. Throughout is career Mularky has been a little less than average with awful teams. Perhaps Mariota can be the QB that makes him a good coach.

4. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

Not so fast with Coughlin. He took an expansion team Jags to a few consecutive playoff berths and an AFC championship game.

5. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I'm still excited to see what this team will be, but I would be drooling with excitement if the Titans got a coach like Gase or McDaniels.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

Good point. I still think what I said is largely true though.

7. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Average is a hell of a lot better than mularkey

8. Titan/Oiler34

Titan/Oiler34 Special Teams Standout

I find it humorous that people continue talking about this and how ignorant they can be... 1. none of us knows what was going on behind the scenes in Buffalo or what led to his departure there. 2. he was not given an chance in Jacksonville, there can be NO argument to be made otherwise. 3. Using last season as any true scale... using Whisenhunts system since it was already in place... just keep in mind there are some differences with what's happening here vs his other stops... 1 the players love the guy. 2 management is behind him 100%. All the while complaining about the talent on the team... so either it's the talent or the coaching or all the above. As I've said before he wasn't my first pick but the absolute hate is kinda idiotic.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

Not sure you got my point

10. LiLTex12

LiLTex12 Starter

Glad you posted this. Agree with every word.
    He's here, so those that aren't pulling for him to succeed, just drive me insane. But their argument is "The quicker we suck the quicker he will be gone." Well do you know what that also means? MM is struggling, our run game turned out to be nothing, our defense is continuing to get shredded, we are losing games by 20-30 points.

I personally don't ever want to witness that season again. So I'm pulling for him, in a way that he can somehow turn this team around, and use the pieces given to him the right way.

#50 LiLTex12, Mar 11, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar