If one of the Top running backs slips do we take a chance?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by KingTitan25, Mar 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

That is pure speculation. A few years ago Detroit fans were porbably saying;
    "if we could just draft Mike Williams, he would be better than any of our WRs".

Write those names down and see where all those guys are in 4 years.

2. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

I've been following the NFL draft since the early 80's (I call them the Eddie Biles years) and pretty much every pick is a gamble I still remember when the Oilers passed on Jerry Rice to take a corner named Richard Johnson. We needed a WR and we decide to take a guy that would never start for us.

Fast forward to 1989, with the 2nd pick the Green Bay Packers take Tony Mandarich passing on Barry Sanders, Deon Sanders and Derek Thomas all three of which were taken is successive picks after that roid using idiot.

As a Oiler fan my favorite was moving up in the 87 draft to the 3rd spot to take Alonzo Highsmith who turned out to be the biggest bust of that draft.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Bill your history is shady because highsmith tore the hell out of his knee. Who can predict that? Without the injury he would have been a good player.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Tashard choice 5-11 215...4.48 40.

This guy is as good a prospect as charles or johnson in my opinion and better than slaton. Back to back solid seasons in the acc with ga tech. Perfect size and he can catch the ball. This is the guy to take in rd 3 or 4.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/S0i5NOVLl_s&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/S0i5NOVLl_s&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

You have not been a follower the national football league for a very long time have you?

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Like both Choice and Slaton.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar