"If" one of the top 3 QBs fell

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by 2ToneBlueBlood, Feb 7, 2014.

?
  1. Yes

26 vote(s)
    61.9%
  2. No

16 vote(s)
    38.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Only takes one small hit to someone his size to change his entire career.

He has the SIZE to move around. So far, everyone who questioned his attitude have been spot on.

What 'potential' though? The undersized running QB with a cannon for an arm? Every year on of these guys comes out and every year they find their way to the bottom of the depth chart.

This is the WORST reason to justify taking a guy.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

He is literally the same height and weight as Russell Wilson and Drew Brees. He certainly doesn't look it, but his official measurements were released at the combine, and they're exactly the same as Wilson/Brees. He also has freak sized hands which compare to an average 6'4" QB.

Size doesn't always matter if you can make people miss and make smart decisions (getting rid of the ball, sliding, going out of bounds, etc). Cam hates losing, and he gets pissy when he loses. I don't see character concerns. I also don't see major character concerns with Manziel. He likes to party, and as far as I can tell he never really did anything wrong.

Potential to extend plays and take over games. We've only seen two seasons from him and only a couple bad games. He has all the potential in the world to improve and become a good QB in the NFL. Everyone says we need to go with a pocket passer. That's fine, but realize the best two teams in the NFL (Seahawks and Niners) have mobile QBs.

I clearly stated that's not the only reason to take him, but that certainly helps. I am so sick of being irrelevant. Manziel might bust, and I wouldn't even care... I want the organization to take risks. If Manziel pays off, we will be contenders. If we don't take him, we are still without a QB - unless we plan on taking one in the 2nd or 4th. The new CBA really protects teams from massive busts. The investments aren't nearly as big. If Manziel busted he would be gone in just a few years, and another QB would already have been drafted.

3. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Lol this kid would be the most Titan pick ever. Seriously, it would be hilarious... And I would fall in line... But I'm not sure I'd personally pull that trigger

4. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

That is a pretty lazy assessment. Vick threw for about 3300 yards in college, compared to Manziel throwing for just under 8,000. Not to mention, Manziel completed close to 70% of his passes this past season, where as Vick completed only 56% of his passes in college. Vick was never an accurate passer, college, pro or wherever. Manziel on the other hand, has been extremely accurate both of this college seasons. Manziel is a lot more similar to someone like RGIII than he is to Vick. Manziel is much further along as a passer than Vick was at the same point in their careers. Size is and maturity are certainly issues with Manziel, but that wouldnt hold me back on him. He is an extremely intelligent runner for one, and I rarely recall him taking unnecessary hits when scrambling, so I am not sure the size issue is much of a concern with regards to taking hits or what not.

5. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Why do you not think Manziel can play from the pocket? He was 4th in the nation in completion percentage, and averaged more yards per attempt than the 3 guys ahead of him. You don't finish 4th in the nation in completion percentage without having the ability to throw from the pocket.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I dont understand this idea of "what he did in college". The guy threw for just under 8000 yards and completed almost 70% of his passes in his 2 years. Just because he is able to run, does not mean he is not capable of throwing the ball. Not to mention, he had about 70 less rushing attempts this past season, while his passing yardage, TDs, and completion % all improved. This isn't a Tim Tebow or Michael Vick or Vince Young type of QB. Yes, he can run the football, but he is also an extremely accomplished passer out of college, where a lot of the guys people are comparing him too, had far more question marks in their passing ability out of college.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Ok let's call him Ken Dorsey then. Some guys just aren't NFL QBs.

8. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Why would you call him Ken Dorsey? Dorsey and Manziel's games are not similar at all, and from a statistical standpoint, Manziel blows Dorsey out of the water coming out of college. I get there are some concerns with Manziel, but there are always concerns when drafting a QB high. But some of these comparisons are just odd. Just because he is a good runner does not make him Michael Vick, and I don't understand where the Dorsey comparison comes from at all. I think there are some similarities to RGIII, Russell Wilson obviously, and Brett Favre says he reminds him of a young version of himself. Despite not having Favre's arm strength, I think there are some valid comparison's there as well.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Everybody obsesses about Manziel but Bortles is rated as a top 10 pick, perhaps even the top QB taken and he is not game ready from the get go, he winds up a bit when he throws and does not throw a great deep ball.

Bortles short throws don't have great touch either he almost throws a heavy ball. Where is the scrutiny on him? It's all Manziel because he is more unconventional but which QB is going to be the Gabbert of this draft? Big strong armed guy who can't play his way out of a paper bag?

The best passer in the drills today has been McCarron. Very accurate, quick smooth release and throws a very catchable ball.

10. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

The logic around here is if you're 6'5 and slow, you're Peyton Manning. Facts and ability don't matter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar