"If" one of the top 3 QBs fell

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by 2ToneBlueBlood, Feb 7, 2014.

?
  1. Yes

26 vote(s)
    61.9%
  2. No

16 vote(s)
    38.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Oiler Fan

Old Oiler Fan Starter

There is NO chance the top 3 falls to us IMO. The REAL question we need to be evaluating is what would we think of Carr as our QB in the 1st. I would be ok with it if Wiz believes too. I'm intrigued by his quick release and professionalism.

2. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Please use your psychic abilities to read the future and inform the FO of which QB will be good in the draft all knowing one.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I don't see what my psychic abilities have to do with Derek Carr getting wizzed on, but whatevs.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Haha I is slow....

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I would love for Bortles or Bridgewater to be available at 11. I'd say there's about a 10% of it happening though.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Says the guy that loved Tim Tebow.

I couldn't care less about Murray's knee.

Love you follow up that statement with "not a runner like Manziel.."

yeah. He's a quarterback. And therefore his knee isn't a huge deal.

7. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

:applause:

8. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I've avoided touching the RT issue for a while, but Gentle Reader should be aware that stats are friggin useless in football, which is a team sport and generates a huge s**tload of variables which stats cannot reflect.
    I learned my lesson the hard way: "mobile" QBs SUCK. It was nice that Mc9 could scramble if necessary but I like him better throwing from the shotgun. I want a guy who can read defenses and get his team to get the ball down the field....not do it himself.
    Manziel scrambles against crappy college defenses. In the pros he will be ground beef.

9. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

Some guys are just special. I thought Patterson from UT would be iffy in the NFL because of how he relied on the poor tacking ability of college defenses to dance around and make plays. So far, it turns out that Patterson just has that freak ability to make plays. Manziel may be one of those rare special players.

Given how iffy Locker has been both physically, mentally, and accurately, it would be tough to pass on any of the top 3 QBs at 11, especially Manziel. Even trading up is not entirely out of the question. A new head coach may want to get his QB.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

And you think Whisenhunt would move up, lose several picks, and take a wildcard like Manziel?

I would be shocked and disappointed to see that happen. There are only 2 guys worth trading up for, and neither is named Johnny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar