"If" one of the top 3 QBs fell

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by 2ToneBlueBlood, Feb 7, 2014.

?
  1. Yes

26 vote(s)
    61.9%
  2. No

16 vote(s)
    38.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Manziel might be he only one worth taking that high.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

This

3. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

guys seriously, I think taking a qb will put us worse off this year than better. first if we did and he comes in and totally bombs, then locker comes in plays lights out stays healthy and all, then wheats locker gonna say????? f u Tennessee imam go win a super bowl elsewhere. we need help on the d side of the ball, we have a guy who COULD be the guy, and when you have that I don't think you take a top 11 pick on a qb,

now I am a locker guy, always have been, and I am frustrated with his injuries as anyone. but best case scenario, locker starts the season, stays healthy, and he and our new defensive stud lead us into the playoffs.

besides I know ive said this a million times, but sticking with jake for a year buys whiz a free year I think in managements eyes, as hes trying to win with their guy, not "his" guy. so if locker breaks again, or if he sucks which I do not see happening, whiz can be like ok guys I gave your guy a chance now im picking my guy and lets see what happens.

if I was a head coach, id hitch my wagon to the man who had this fan base fired up a quarter way through the season and talking playoffs and talking franchise qb before the injuries, not a rookie who could end up matt leinarting it haha

4. titans92790

titans92790 Starter

trade down to get lb or cb or de or s. Fill our defensive needs first few rounds then go ol, rb, te at the end

5. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Manziel YES. I would care again.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Manziel is a steaming turd.

Maybe to the others.

But I think Murray is the best QB of this class- and he's expected to be available in the 3rd or 4th.

7. 615nick

615nick Starter

I personally think these 3 qbs all have a high chance of being good at the next level. If one of them falls I think the fo pulls the trigger. We have had a glaring weakness on our team since mcnair, it's qb and that just happens to be the most important position on the field. With our team all 3 of these guys would be good. I want locker to be the guy, but I just don't see it, I always want our guys to be successful. Worst case we have two good qbs and could trade one next season (maybe only get a 3rd or so), drafting one of these guys would almost guaranty us a playoff spot. With a s***** coaching staff and a bad qb we almost made it in. Now a good coaching staff and a good qb would lock it up. I'd take any of the 3, 1. manziel 2. bridgewater 3. bortels. These 3 are 10 times better than any of these late round slouches.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

There you have it folks. Do not draft Murray!

I'm serious. Murray will be a good 7th rd pick. To call him the best QB in the class is retarded. Marginal size and arm coming off a major knee injury. Not a runner at all like Manziel.

The last 2 drafts 11 QBs were taken and Murray is about the 11th best in this class.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Why the big 3? What is so special about them? I understand that Mccarron does not have a 1st rd type arm but Dereck Carr sure does.

Why is Carr not considered in their class? Damn good college QB, great kid and perhaps the best arm of the bunch and a quick release. Also pretty good mobility and toughness.

Bortles has a slow release. Almost winds up like Tebow. Manziel has his issues with scheme and size and Bridgewater has a slight build. Carr has the best arm and the perhaps the quickest release. He should be considered in the same class as those guys.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Interesting stats to look at. Pass attempts per TD and pass completions per TD.

These were the stats that exposed Gabbert and Ponmder as an overrated prospects and proved newton to be much better. Theye just did not produce enough TDs for the number of pass attempts and pass completions. In the red zone you have to fit the ball in smaller spaces. Any average QB can move the ball between the 20s.

Carr had the best completions-TD ratio among the 4 QBs we are talking about this past season. A TD every 9 completions last year. 87 TDs the last 2 seasons with only 15 ints.

Career ratios..

Manziel
    1 TD every 13.6 attempts
    1 TD every 9.44 completions

Carr
    1 TD every 14.4 attempts
    1 TD every 9.6 completions.

Bridgewater

1 TD every 15.86 attempts
    1 TD every 10.8 completions

Bortles
    1 TD every 15.9 attempts
    1 TD every 10.4 completions

Based on these ratios Manziel and Carr are the 2 best QB prospects.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar