Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

If not for the VY drama, would your opinion on Cam Newton be different?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by GeronimoJackson, Mar 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 757Titan We had zero pro bowlers

Moolah:
    $226
    true. but ill take his advice over yalls 7 days a week. Im not a "fan" of any of the qbs coming out. But, Cam has no ceiling...
  2. World Peace n/a

Moolah:
    $3,659
    LOL what did Michael Jordan say about Kwame Brown? And Michael Jordan was the best ever in his entire sport... Warren Moon isn't even the best QB in this franchises history.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Creeping-Cruds GIV'R!

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $3,627
    I can only acknowledge the potential for certain concerns that have been pointed out by the sporting press. This particular set of "maybes" and similarities to VY makes me think The Titans won't go after Cam.
  3. Ewker Starter

Stevens
    Moolah:
    $2,000
    you are right I really don't care what Moon says. Of course he is going to brag about Newton since he is helping him out. What else do you expect him to say..Newton is terrible.
  4. appstater53 Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
  5. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $15,475
    Nope.

I said Vince would suck in the NFL.

I'm saying Cam will suck in the NFL more.

Nothing to do with anything that happened after VY was in the league. Some guys just don't translate well... and it's really not hard to see, unless you're a braindead NFL scout that only goes with ESPN's flavor of the month.
    • Tip Jar Donor

GoT Strength and Honor

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $21,689

Jim Brown backed Maurice Clarett and Brown was arugably the best RB of all time. So these things mean nothing, or less than nothing for the Jim Brown endorsement.
    1 people high five this.
  6. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $15,475
    and for the record- Warren Moon was a big Vince Young fan, also.
  7. davidc502 Special Teams Standout

Wycheck
    Moolah:
    $3,371
    When it comes to VY or CAM, I'm sick of running QB's. Yes, the running QB brings another dimension to the position, but since the Oiler days back to 1995 and Steve McNair, I get tired of these QB's staying hurt. So, yes pulling it down and running does help, the defenses shut it down because adventually the QB will get hurt.

Lets change it up and get a pocket passer. One that is nearly ready to go, and one we don't have to develop like crazy.
  8. TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Brown
    Moolah:
    $7,647
    Running isn't the problem. Running is fine. It's great when you have a mobile QB.

The problem is being unable to read a defense and unwilling to put in the work required to learn how.
    1 people high five this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.