If Nassib goes top 10, is it the biggest reach in history?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TheSureThing, Apr 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

McShay has him going #8 to the Bills and I've seen a few other mocks that have that same scenario. The idea is picking up steam and I'm wondering if the Bills are really this stupid to do this...This is a guy they could potentially get in the 4th round!!! Some teams don't even see him getting drafted that's how low he's being graded around the league. I was perplexed when I saw his names at the 8th pick thinking it had to be a mistake but apparently this is a serious possibility...

I'm wondering if anyone can think of any reaches in the history in the NFL draft that would be worse than this. Ponder went 12th which many thought was a reach but at least his was justified and he had a 2nd round grade.

2. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I don't get it. If I were inclined to reach on a qb, I'd go Emanuel from Florida state myself.

3. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

Yes it would be, but I can't see it happening. There are too many good players for a team to reach so horrifically. ...but then again, teams these days will do anything for a QB, so anything is possible. The Bills desperately need a QB, but they'd be crazy to take him at 8 lol.

4. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Naw. Qbs get reached for always.

5. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

I've watched this dude alot... I would pass. I've been wrong before but other than his "upside" he doesn't flash anything to me.

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I have him going at #8 too just because of the Syracuse connection. Marrone (Bills new HC) coached Nassib at Syracuse.

I actually think Nassib (followed by Barkley) will be the best QB of this class... not that it's saying much with such a weak QB class.

Even though I have him mocked at #8, I doubt he's taken there. I do think the Bills end up picking him somewhere.

7. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I watched sport science the other night, and he was amazing in the accuracy drills.

8. pepsidriver24

pepsidriver24 @snydzie

Christian Ponder, anyone?

9. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

IDK, he has some strong company:
    • Sebastian Janikowski
    • Tim Tebow
    • Maurice Clarrett

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

What are you talking about? What teams don't have him getting drafted... Almost every site i've seen project him as a 2nd rounder and a Top-5 QB.

Also, I called this way way back...

http://www.gotitans.com/threads/si-com-mock-draft.85886/page-5#post-969400
    Talked about BUF reaching for a QB, mentioned Nassib. 1/25/13

http://www.gotitans.com/threads/foo...raft-prospect-rankings-qbs.85745/#post-967080
    Discussed how much I liked Nassib

First I called Ansah back in the winter, mentioned him as a 4th rounder and said he had potential to fly up the boards... he did. Then I called Nassib! Dang, i'm good - hire me as a scout now Titans!

I won't mention the other 100 players I was wrong on

• High Five High Five x 2
  11. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

BTW, it was the Spoiler that got you the high five :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar