If Munchak is out, it shouldn't be today

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Dec 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XO

XO Nevada Native

Ugh oh.

Auburn = #1 Rushing Offense
    Clemson = #62 Rushing Offense

http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/team/_/stat/rushing

The best rushing attack FSU faced was Boston College and they gave up 200 on the ground. They rank 25th in CFB.

Like I said, good luck.

2. xhrr

xhrr Starter

What the hell did I just read?

Jake Locker is a winning piece?

If Jake wins the job he has shown he's learned to stay healthy? I didn't know that was a learnable attribute and he's won the job the last two years and has yet to "learn" to stay healthy.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Not to derail the thread, but FSU made significant changes on defense after that game. They changed their alignment and personnel. They needed to. Pitt was running on them too until the score was unmanageable.

4. XO

XO Nevada Native

Oh we derailed Fry

Alabama is a top 10 rushing defense with NFL players on that D.

Gave up nearly 300 rushing to Auburn and Saban/Smart knew what they were going to do. Couldn't stop it.

I usually don't pole dance the SEC but FSU has not faced anyone with an attack like Auburn.

Hell even the SEC wasn't ready for it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

This is a horrible scenario and I'll tell you how it goes down.

Ownership is praying that we beat Arizona and kick the chit out of the Texans and the Jaguars. And honestly, the Texans and the Jaguars are most likely going to roll over for us anyway. Their coaches futures are now secure. That would put us at 8-8 or 7-9 and with 2 strong wins against the last 2 opponents fans fury will be mitigated.

Ownership swings in with the spin that "see we CAN win- we just had bad luck, injury bug, bad ref calls, etc" and they won't have as much pressure to fire Munchak. I'm sure Munch will get lots of press time in order to garner sympathy from the fanbase. That would allow ownership to opportunity to keep Munch the last year of his contract along with Jake and defer the "make or break" year to 2014. (Where we will go 8-8 again.)

I get that Munch is a loyal "family member" of the franchise. But I know in my family, if you are bringing the family down, you do things IN THE BEST INTEREST OF THE FAMILY despite the detriment to yourself. That is how "family" works. So unless Munchak is willing to be fired right now for the immediate benefit of the franchise, then don't feed some BS about family deserves better etc. It's a damn business.

Munch is a nice guy. But he needs to be fired ASAP or many season tix holders like myself are willing to lose the PSL investment.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

You speak the truth. Auburn is for real. I highly doubt FSU and Jimbo can figure out how to stop this attack.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

And the defense gave up 28 points. You don't think FSU can score 28 on an average Auburn defense?

8. XO

XO Nevada Native

Plus God is apparently an Auburn fan.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. XO

XO Nevada Native

I think they both get in the 40 's with Aubs coming out on top. Defenses are gassed by the 4th quarter playing Auburn.

It is like playing Oregon with better talent.

I love FSU and Winston but this is a brutal match up for them.

I loved their chances against alabama or Ohio State. Really anyone else but Aubs have a genius for a coach and an offense that left the SEC with their hands on their hips.

The scary thing is Auburn has gotten nothing but better every week.

10. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I would say yes to the Texans and no to the Jags.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar