If Munchak is out, it shouldn't be today

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Dec 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Jake Locker is a winning piece. Obviously a losing season paired with a huge roster bonus in 2015 would make letting Jake go easier, but thats a guy that at some point will learn to stay healthy, and will be a good QB.

IMO if Jake is the starter next year, that will buy Munchak an entire new contract because IMO if Jake wins the job, he will show he's learned to stay healthy.

2. XO

XO Nevada Native

That is a nightmare and perfect storm of bullshìt that would damn this franchise to another decade of mediocrity.

• High Five High Five x 4
  3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

And if that's what Tommy Boy decides to do then he would be making the exact same type of mistakes that Bud made. Most fans and unbiased media recognized LAST season that Munch was not the right man for the job. So not only did he get this year but we're going to give him ANOTHER year?!?! That would be a huge, HUGE mistake.

We have some very decent young talent in here at the moment. Raw, but talented. We'd be doing them a disservice by putting off bringing in a quality HC/staff that knows what the hell they're doing by another year.

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Pretty much LOL

I agree that QB is incredibly important. But I just can't agree that a new HC "means nothing" without a great QB. Would you not agree that a great/competent HC would likely be more successful than a poor/incompetent one, given the exact same QB?

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

And watch it unfold just how I said.

If Munchak is back he'll stick with Jake Locker (you know it), but this time Jake will be there to save Munchak, and there we will be year 5 with Munchak. But maybe by then Jake Locker is the missing piece Munchak has been without.

You really have to wonder what any coach would do without a QB. Munch has had a worn out Hasselbeck , a youthful Locker , and a sloppy Fitzpatrick on his 4th team. Not like Munchak's had much help from his QB. Look at Billy Belichick, wasn't sh"t before ol Tommy Terrific showed up.

Not trying to make excuses for Munchak, but watch those same reasons I mention be the reason he's back next year.

I move that we cut bait now on Munchak, he was under qualified from day-1, and let Jake stick around as the backup for a year. Or maybe he holds his spot and starts, but get Fitz out.

6. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

:biglaugh:

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Allegedly.

8. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

Clearly you read the affidavits and facts of the case. Nice response though! Zinnnng!

9. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

See how that went for Clemson or anything team this season (awaits well they didn't play in the SEC comment). No one has ran on us. Hopefully i'll see you out in Pasadena, roast some marshmallows after Fsu holds that sweet crystal.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. XO

XO Nevada Native

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar