If Locker Stays Healthy All Season Do You Think He Can Lead The Titans To Postseason?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Jul 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XO

XO Nevada Native

How is this Oline not top five?

Actually who is better?

Lewan
    Oher
    Warmack
    Levitre
    Roos
    Schwenke

That is an impressive lineup.

Young but talented. Veteran LT and Guard surrounded by youth and talent and a good backup/rotational guy in Oher.

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Again, it's the whole "potential" versus "production" thing.

Lewan- Has never stepped on a NFL field.
    Oher- Average to slightly-above-average starter.
    Warmack- Had his moments but ultimately had a pretty underwhelming rookie season.
    Levitre- Did not come close to living up to his contract.
    Roos- Our most proven guy but becoming ancient.
    Schwenke- He was a lot of hype but I don't really recall him standing out much. Maybe I just missed it.

I'm not saying we're not talented or do not have the potential to be a top 5 line. But that's all it really is right now, potential. If I'm taking off the homer glasses I have a hard time saying we are a top 5 OL. Especially considering how they've performed recently and the only new additions we have are an unproven rookie and Michael Oher.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yeah. Stafford can actually control his.

4. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

You hit the nail on the head. I'm not sold on our O-line. We thought they would be top 5-10 last year and instead they were awful and we're returning 4 out of 5 of those guys. I'm worried about Warmack because I saw him get straight up physically bullied last season and with his size/pedigree/draft position that shouldn't be able to happen with the frequency I saw. Levitre was not what I had imagined he would be to say the least.

To me Schwenke played better than both of those guys. I might have to go back and look at the tape/games but I remember CJ actually being able to get running room in the middle when he took over so I'm really excited about him.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

OLINE should be good now, whiz doesn't make his linemen do a whole lot, let's them be physical and that's it.

6. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I was hoping we'd do that last year. When you got a bunch of hogs on the line let'em just line up and smash somebody.

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

That's why I have my reservations. Last year everyone was saying our OL was gonna beast too. And look how that turned out. I have no doubts we'll be improved but I think top 5 is jumping the gun a bit.

8. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

True. I know guys don't put a lot of stock in preseason games but I firmly believe you can learn a lot about your team and players by watching them. We saw the bad line play in the preseason and hoped it would go away but it never did. I'll be watching closely this year.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Chance9

Chance9 Starter

I was at that game.. Talk about a long drive home, the 2 and a half hour drive seemd like it took ten hours

10. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Was at the Jaguars game as well. Only get to go to one game a year due to the distance and finances having to take whole family. Anyway i was so down that day and we had a four hour drive back to Memphis. The strange thing about that game is through two quarters Locker couldn't do anything. With around four minutes left in the first half Fitzpatrick comes out and starts immediately getting the Titans back in the game. However with a couple minutes left in the game Fitzpatrick did what he does every game and commits a crucial turnover and we lost by two points 29-27. Would've been a tie if not for a safety our offensive line gave up. In the grand scheme of things there was a silver lining in the clouds and that is we got rid of Mike doesn't have a clue Munchak and got a better head coach and staff. We were eight points from being a 10-6 team. 29-27 loss to Jax,30-27 loss to Indy and 37-34 to Arizona. Everyone of those games was lost due to last minute turnovers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar