Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

If Jarvis Jones falls to ten do you take him?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by rodgev, Jan 18, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 5 users.
  1. rodgev Starter

Brown
    Moolah:
    $1,053
    He has a medical condition which could cause him to slip a little but OLB is arguably our strongest position with Ayers and Brown. Do you take the talent and the risk at your strongest position or do you pass. And if you take him how do you use him with the other 2 we have on the roster?
  2. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $13,184
    Great player who would be playing in the wrong scheme here. I really doubt our staff could find anything creative for him here. Hell, they wasted 20-something games of Ayers' career playing out of position.
    JCBRAVE high fives this.
  3. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $216,204
    Jones is not right for us, been saying that for a while now.

We either need a dominate DT or a dominate interior offensive lineman at 10.
    RollTide, Titan43 and Danimal high five this.
  4. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $53,269
    See... Here's the problem. If I were in charge, I would've fired everyone, hired Lovie as HC and Ryan as DC and switch to a 3-4 defense, drafting Jones if he's available at #10.

But we clearly won't be making any changes like this, so unfortunately we would have to pass. Maybe someone would give up a lot to trade up for him if he fell to 10.
    2ToneBlueBlood high fives this.
  5. Soxcat Starter

Britt
    Moolah:
    $2,294
    Even if we switched to a 3-4 I'm not sure that would be the best move. KW and Ayers can play OLB. We might have more of a need for an ILB and some DL help.
  6. Danimal Starter

Wycheck
    Moolah:
    $1,020

I can't agree more. We don't need another project prospect or somebody to develope. We need a starter from day who will have an immediate impact on the line he is on.
  7. Two Kings NJ Titan

George
    Moolah:
    $5,445
    If Jarvis falls to us I one of two things happening (please correct me if you think I'm wrong)

A. The player we wanted is already gone and we try to get the next best player at that position

B. Quarterbacks get taken earlier than expected and we trade down knowing the player we want will still be available later on.
  8. The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Wright
    Moolah:
    $12,363
    I love Jarvis Jones, he would make an immediate impact (he's not a project) and could be one of the best pass rushers in the NFL but like everyone else has said he doesn't really fit. Unless we move Ayers to DE but I don't really see that as an option. Would be interesting if we did have this scenario. I'm still hoping for Star or Warmack.
  9. xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Casey
    Moolah:
    $31,159
    I'd take him. Switch to 3-4. Ayers/Jones on the outside, Brown/McCarthy in the middle.
  10. Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Wright
    Moolah:
    $6,197
    Pass. We're not switching to a 3-4. Don't want him. OL and DT are much bigger needs.
    Titan43 high fives this.