If his name WASNT Vince Young..would he get credit?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NYCTitanfan84, Nov 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I'm officially adopting that mentality towards my own haters. Thanks VY. You're doing everything that has been asked of you and it's really paying off.

2. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

that actually bothered me about VY. he should say "i know i have a lot to work on, and ill be gettin better everyday for yall" but it seems like hes fallen back into the im the shiii mentality with that comment. hes played pretty good against 4 meh teams. he seems content with what hes doing now, which really isnt enough for him to be the franchise guy of this team

3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Vince is a Christian, that's what we say...

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Important to me? I didn't bring the issue up and complain about permanent vince young haters. He did!

I'm just applying common sense based on what i read.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

So what is the reason for all this? He is whining that no matter how well vince young plays and no matter how successful he may be people will still hate him.

WTF would be the reason titan fans would hate a guy who is playing well and winning games?

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I stand by my answer. Vince was dead in the minds of many fans after he allegedly refused to go back into the Jacksonville game. A lot of people didn't want a quitter leading their team, understandably so. I think it's because of that whole situation that some fans will never be able to give Vince his due. To them, he's a quitter and they want nothing to do with him. I really don't think it has anything to do with race whatsoever. And I don't think that's what NYCTitan was hinting at in the OP. And if he was then he's way off the mark IMO. If you are going to hate Vince, there are plenty of better reasons than "he's black". :rolleyes:

7. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

First off LMAO !!

Just getting back from work and I come back to read that people have brung race into this? Are you kidding me? Stop digging for something that isnt there.

Now for those that wish to discuss cool.

Instead of expanding..to keep it simple i'll keep my examples within the Titan organization. So Last year..KC goes 13-3..did a great job of taking over and leading the team to the best record in the league. He comes in this season and is handed the job because of the season he had. He stinks it up for 6 weeks (I know the TEAM stunk...but im stricktly talking QBs here)..now dispite that many people on this board chose to look at the positive..even going as far as blaming everyone BUT KC (wr dropping balls..not running routes etc..) Ok fine. So week 8 comes along and VY takes over as QB..of course we have the skeptics because of his past performances..but he comes out with a solid performance..ffwd to last night against the Titans..and its been more of the same. Nothing that jumps out at you statistcally but I think if you've watched him from when he started till now..its clear that he has improved at the QB position.

This is where my thread comes into play. Lets take last night for example..he made great reads..he used his legs when he had to..kept drives alive..made smarter decisions..etc..Instead there are some who still would prefer to dig up something negative. Why dont people look for the "silver lining" with Vince as the many did with KC?

8. NYCTitanfan84

THANK YOU !! This is what im getting at. This would be a logical explanation as to why there are some who dont want to get him his just due even when he does well. Is it that for many..last year left such a bad taste in their mouths that they want nothing to do with him? Has he fallin so bad in many people eyes that regardless of how he has improved they would much rather "move on"?

9. NYCTitanfan84

Thank you. I think that his style of play isnt one that is favorable among NFL fans in general. Any QB that runs a lot usually will have skeptics regarding his arm and can he ever be a pocket passer...or better yet a QB that can be a pocket passer 1st (which is what Steve Young talks a lot about in regard to Vince) I think if Vince was more a your a-typical pocket passer he would probably get more leeway from the media then he does

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

but for what it's worth... I'm high on VY right now. I can't believe how much better he is. It's amazing. I'd like to see him win a few more games before I declare him world beater... but damn, outside of a vision I had... mostly, I felt like he wouldn't develop like we've seen so far...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar