If he won't play, VY ready to go elsewhere

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Jun 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaxPayne

MaxPayne 1st Team

I agree jeff, VY has to show come competition and just shut up everyone on here that is in love with doesn’t care enough for the team because he doesn’t make the team. Yes he is the QB but the Titans can move on with out him.

REMEMBER what he said a few months ago

“im just going to shut up and play football”

Seems like he hasn’t matured.

-MaxPayne2k

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Holy exaggeration, Batman. How do you draw that conclusion?

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

As Schlereth pointed out,Vince Young's play has already done the talking.That's why he's riding the pine.:hmm:

........and now for my next trick,I will make Morpheus magically appear in the thread.:neener2:

4. Daves not here

Daves not here Camp Fodder

nope ... trade him to seattle ... as far away as we can put him from Houston & in the other Conference

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Yeah. He said he'd do that and he was criticized for that comment too.

Personally, I would have preferred he just say "I am doing whatever I can to compete for the starting job and plan on proving myself on the field" and walk away but such a comment would not have made the news.

He must be asked often about his situation and we have no idea how many times he said "I am just gonna play" before saying what he did yesterday.

6. MaxPayne

MaxPayne 1st Team

He could have easily said

"Im just going out there to compete that what i can do to help my team and all i care about is winning so if that means sitting behind Kerry then so be it."

Now why couldn't he say something like that...just stay out of the media and get back to playing football geez..

-MaxPayne2k

7. KC_Titan

KC_Titan Starter

Didn't miss him last year, won't miss him the rest of the way. Go throw your dollar bills and INTs in Oakland Vince.

8. kimberly

kimberly Camp Fodder

i have been a fan onf vinces since texas, i am a longhorns fan! i was very excited when we got vince! and i mean very excited! i wanted him so badly! i thought that he would bring his winning attitude and swagger to our team! his rookie year, i thought i was right, and the sky was the limit! i love him , and i want to root for him, i would love for him to do well with this team, and be the player and the leader that i invisioned him to be when he was first drafted, but at the same time, if he is gonna be making dumb comments like that, then he needs to slow his roll! i am just about fed up! its about what is best for this team! the LAST THING WE NEED, IS A QB CONTRAVERSY! we don't need division in our locker room when we are trying to pick up where we left off and finnish our unfinnished business! say what you want to about lendale white, but vince aughta be out there with him working out and shuttin hs mouth, like he said he was gonna do!

9. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

well;

"if them guys don't want me to be in there, it's time for me to make a career change for myself. Because the fact is I'm ready to play ball. If they're not ready for me to play ball, then somebody is."

To me, that says, play me, trade me or release me. He makes no mention of beating out KFC for the starting position or earning it outright, so how else would he get it? By making waves in the media creating a QB controversy not based on field performance? Which is exactly what this is. It sounds more like a move out of desperation, he knows that he is losing ground so the only way he can make some of that ground up would be in the media rallying them to create a suedo-QB-controversy when the coaches have no intention of letting there be one.

but that's just how I see it, I may be wrong. I don't remember KFC or any other backup for the Titans stirring up things with these type of comments. Actually, this is very rare in Tennessee, to hint at playing time or else.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

{Ive decided to retract the original post placed here, although my argument is valid, but maybe not so fair towards Ewker's family. I don't know them so Id rather not make a mean comment on them.}

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar