If he won't play, VY ready to go elsewhere

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Jun 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

In this latest interview, Vince Young just looks so angry and bitter. He's like a ticking bomb just waiting to go off, like he hasn't moved past what happened last year at all. I really don't think he's equipped emotionally to handle adversity or the QB position yet. It just seems like he's going to blow at any moment, any question...

Another thing that gets me everytime we hear VY, is that he never talks about the work he's putting in, in the classroom, with coach Dinger, etc. He just continues to proclaim that "he's ready to play ball"...tell us Vince, what exactly you've done to alleviate our concerns about your mechanics, footwork, knowledge of various coverage schemes and blinds. Don't tell us that you're "ready". Tell us why you're ready. I don't care if you've been lifting weights, but that you know the weak points of at least the 4 most common coverage schemes used by at least your division opponents.

I'm not hating, but I see it from a coaching perspective.....Vince Young is still pouting like a high schooler who got yanked to prove a point that the team is bigger than the individual. And honestly I still don't think he's gotten it. I really don't think even he understands what he says, because he contradicts himself everytime he speaks.

2. Titan_Cam

Titan_Cam Camp Fodder

You mean like at the end when he said all he can do until he gets another opportunity is continue to work, work, work, work, work? You think he's going to breakdown the weaknesses of a Cover-2 in an ESPN interview? Give me a break.

Besides, concerns won't be alleviated until he actually plays. He could diagram what to do against defenses until he was blue in the face and it wouldn't matter until he can do it at game speed on the field.

3. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Are you kidding me?? Him breaking down film or anything would go a very long way with a bunch of people, especially on this board. If you can break it down relatively, then you run a more successful chance of doing it at game speed. I would be happy if he could spell progression.

4. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Well Jeff did say in an interview that Vince was having a great offseason. When you think about it, you can blame alot of his digression on the fact that Vince has never had a full offseason of preparation. In 06 he was busy with the draft and all those rookie photoshoots and orientations, the next year he went to texas to get his degree. This year he is finally getting a full offseason to prepare for the upcoming season. And i mean if jeff said he is having a good offseason then we should at least give vince the benefit of the doubt and say he is in position to make some good strides this season. Jeff said vince will be getting alot of preseason action with the first team unit. So all we can do is go by what jeff and other teammates are saying, and that he is working hard and having a great offseason.

5. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

I agree, they left the door open for vince. Based on kerry past, its smart not to completely jump on kerry's bandwagon just yet because he is known to have inconsistent seasons. They signed him because he earned the contract but if vince plays well, and kerry has a down season, then it will be vince and another backup the next season.

6. Titan_Cam

Titan_Cam Camp Fodder

Yes and Vince should be rushing to schedule another interview with ESPN where he dissects coverages on the white board so you can be happy :rolleyes:

We'll find out all we need to know in about 2 months

7. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

he's just not very intelligent. an nfl starting quarterback should be smart.
    ________
    BUY VAPORIZER

8. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Oh, well since Jeff said it, it must be true:irked: Have you ever listened to Jeff Fisher speak?? He is the king of answering a question without answering the question.. Do you really think he's going to come out and say that Vince is having a mediocre to bad offseason??

and yes, let's blame a lot of Vince's digression on the fact that he doesn't work in the offseason:grrr: You're not serious are you?? So for that, you can blame............VINCE YOUNG! basically you're saying that Vince Young is in the 5th grade with the skills of a 2nd grader.

9. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Hmmm so let's think, remember that guy we got from the raiders? williams, he sucked for us and Jeff was asked how he was doing in the offseason and he said he is making strides. So meaning he isn't impressing. But when asked about VY he says he is having a great offseason. So your calling jeff a liar basically? If Vince was still performing mediocre im sure jeff would have used another word other than GREAT.

And do you even think before you speak? Yes you can say vince played bad also because he never had a full offseason which is his fault. But the way you say it, you make it sound stupid to say that No offseason= Bad season. Maybe you should just re-read your post first so it makes sense.:rolleyes:

10. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I'm confused......did you just make a rebuttal point against your initial post?:ha:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar