If free agency begins tomorrow....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by tomachek2009, Apr 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Money is still the priority in almost all cases, so I'd have no problem with overpaying him. Asomugha will have the same impact 08 Haynesworth did because of his ability to change an entire offensive game plan. He makes QB's hesitate. We have talent, but none that has that kind of impact.

And yes, it would be pointless without a QB, but all signs point to us drafting one and then picking up a veteran. Keep in mind we won 13 in 08 with Collins at QB and a significantly less talented offense. So it'd make sense to at least make a call as the next move after getting our QB's.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

After spending 9 years with the Raiders, and NEVER having one winning season - he probably wants to just win. NA is 37-91 in his career. Sure, he's going to want money. But anywhere we goes he'll get a decent paycheck, my bet is winning is #1 on his wants.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Yeah, maybe. But pro athletes will jump to a sinking ship for an extra dollar. If it takes overpaying, I'm all for it. Put an offer on the table, and if he declines, oh well, we'll move on to someone else.

People say "but that's not what we do, we don't go after the big names."

Well, if that's the attitude, then yeah, we probably won't. Urban Dictionary says: Change can be good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar