If free agency begins tomorrow....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by tomachek2009, Apr 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomachek2009

tomachek2009 LEGEND

Who do you want the Titans to make a move for

My List:
    Barry Cofield, DT, Giants. Age: 27
    Mathias Kiwanuka, DE, Giants. Age: 28
    Ahmad Bradshaw, RB, Giants
    or
    Michael Bush, RB, Raiders. Age: 27
    or
    Jason Snelling, RB, Falcons. Age: 27
    Nnamdi Asomugha, CB, Raiders. Age: 30
    Manny Lawson, OLB, 49ers. Age: 27

I doubt we get any of these guys but if we can snag one or two of them think how differently we can approach the draft

I believe both cofield and kiwanuka have some left in the tank and could had depth to our d-line

hopefully we can get one of the bigger backs to help cj2k but rb are a dime a dozen anymore (someone posted a mock about the fb from Pitt i would love to see us draft him to replace hall but also take snaps out of the backfield or even pick him up undrafted)

asomugha will probably cost way to much money to get but hey who can blame you for wishing

and i strongly believe Lawson fail out of favor in San Fran and could really benefit the move to a 4-3 olb

trade Vince Young for a 4th or 5th
    resign Tully
    resign Babin
    so what is your free agent wishlist

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Nnamdi Asomugha.

Break the bank for him and forget about drafting a CB for awhile. (The longterm thinking might be to keep Verner and let Finnegan go when his contract expires... depending on how well Verner holds up of course)

Acquire McNabb via trade if the deal is good. Don't know what they will take of course, but I'd give up our 4th to get him as a stop-gap QB.
    OR
    Hasselbeck, might take some outbidding if the Seahawks want to re-sign him. Another stop gap option.

If we do that then I wouldn't target anyone worth a lot of money. Wait til things settle out and get a few cheap vets for depth and competition.

3. tomachek2009

tomachek2009 LEGEND

If bud is serious about winning he would break the bank on asomaugh
    move finny to 2nd string verner to nickel

getting McNabb for a 4th would be ideal he still has a year or 2 left in the tank to groom a rookie qb

4. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Cofield would be at the top of my list, if we miss there, I'd look at Alan Branch, sign either and move Jones to DE.

As far as McNabb, I'd be more then fine with him for a 4th round pick, but I'd be shocked if Minny didn't offer more then that.

Ill be shocked if we can get anything for VY with his contract, keep in mind before last season the Eagles shopped Vick and couldn't even get a 6th for him, so they dealt McNabb instead. I'm sure there's multiple GMs kicking themselves now, and the Eagles hit the lotto.

Michael Bush would be the perfect complement to CJ, if we miss there I'd look at Willis.

Nnamdi will be too expensive, so I'd pass on signing a corner, and look at a safety like Weddle, Mikell, or Roman Harper, then cut Hope.

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

#1 (realistic) target for me would be Mike Tolbert. He wouldn't be a sexy signing but he would give our offense a huge boost in the way of a change of pace/power back. We NEED a guy like this big time. (I won't even go on a rant about "he whose name shall not be said")

Asomugha would be an amazing get but some team is going to drastically overpay him. And it won't be the Titans.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Man, these next 3 days could get crazy!

7. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I would like to see us add:

- Barry Cofeild
    - Marc Bulger
    - Roman Harper

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Yes and yes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

every team fans want Asomugha, i think the Texans would be the most serious about getting him if free agency starts.

10. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

There's no chance the Titans will pay more for Asomugha than a team that really needs him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar