If Fisher were to repeat the previous 16 seasons

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 29, 2010.

?
  1. Yes.

6 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. No.

45 vote(s)
    88.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I wouldn't put all the blame on Fisher. Some of it should go towards the front office. We never sign that great player that can carry us to the next level and we would rather develop rather than sign players that have already made a name for themselves. When I think about the Titans I see a good team but that's it. Since 2000 who are our best players?

Steve McNair- A great QB took us to the Super Bowl and won a MVP
    Eddie George- A really good RB who was with McNair...never was the best at his position but always near the top
    Bruce Matthews- HOF
    Jevon Kearse- "the freak" that is all
    Keith Bulluck- Took over as leader of team when McNair left

So these are players we can pretty much all agree on. After them it's alot of good players and players who had a couple good years. The early decade was when we had the most success and look why. We had a franchise QB, good RB, good recieving core, a hall of famer on the OL, the freak and others on the DL, Bulluck at LB, and Rolle covering the backfield.

Look at today's roster....

Young- bust
    CJ-awesome
    Britt- up and coming WR
    Roos and Stewart- great offensive lineman
    Griffin- needs to have a really good year
    Jones- can be a pro-bowler soon
    Finnegan- shut down CB

There are so many ?'s on this team for the future I would almost say half of these guys won't be on the team in 2-3 years. We need some playmakers, someone to throw the ball, a pass rusher, an actual LB core, DB's that can cause turnovers. We have none of that right now. We're rebuilding right now but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be able to compete.

It's getting to the time when we start fresh. A new coach, new QB, build through the draft, and just get this rebuilding out of the way.

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I love how the ones that go to such great lengths to defend Fisher are the same ones that are so quick to call VY a bust.

3. iQon

iQon Starter

No. I've been loyal to the guy for years, but it's obvious we'll never get over the hump with him or the rest of the powers that be in this franchise. Regular season stats only get us so far.

4. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

I've been beating this dead horse for years! What Fisher has done with mostly moderate talent goes overlooked. It's not a coincidence that ex Titans are never as good with other teams! McNair and George were warriors but not even close to Hall of Fame type players.

5. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

It goes both ways. Listen...... do you hear that..... tick, tock, tick, tock, tick, tock. Much like getting rid of Lendale we're 1 or 2 years away from drafting our true franchise QB, hopefully a can't miss type that is more substance than hype like Manning that we all can agree on. The 2006 draft crippled our chances at winning a playoff game anytime soon (sans Finny). More than likely Bud won't be making the pick trying to stick it to his old town this time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar