If Collins is the best chance to win at 0-5.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Oct 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Fisher has the first 12 plays scripted. Lets not get Crazy. He's got it all figured out. It's not like he doesn't plan.

1st and 10: Rush Off Tackle
    2nd and 9: Bubble Screen to Stevens
    3rd and 9: delay of game
    3rd and 16: Draw Trap, Lendale
    4th and 15: Punt

Note to Self: Determine who our punt returner is?

1st and 10: Lead Dive, Ahmad Hall
    2nd and 8: Rush Off Tackle
    3rd and 8: TE Slant, Incomplete
    Punt

Note to Self: Establish the run
    Note to Self: Bend Over, hands on knees, scan with eyes like I have it all figured out.
    Note to Self: Put shades on, brush mustache.

1st and 10: Run Counter
    2nd and 10: Wheel Route, Throw out of bounds
    3rd and 10: Crumpler Go route
    4th and 10: Punt

Note to Self: Consider inserting a WR
    Note to Self: Do not insert a WR because that is like crazy town.
    Note to Self: FG's are money.

Halftime Notes for interview:
    "I think we’re happy with where we are. We had a couple good drives out there. It provided a great challenge for our defense. That was part of the goal tonight, to get the starting unit out there communicating and playing together. Points do not matter. It's about keeping it close and 10-20 incompletions is ok. That's what you want to do out there. "

Thank Female Reporter.
    Use same strategy in second half. Scratch that. For my entire career.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Nine

Nine Starter

I'm as anxious as anyone to see where Vince is at....but as someone who still thinks Vince can be a capable NFL QB, I'm not sure I want him starting.

I don't want him throwing 35-40 times a game to receivers who might or might not catch the ball when it hits them in the hands/chest.

I don't want him being forced to come back from a 20+ point deficit week in and week out.

I don't want him playing in an offense that's more about proving a point than winning games.

As bad as this team has gotten, putting Vince on the field right now would be setting him up for failure. He needs to be given at least a fighting chance of being successful.....and with what we've seen of the team thus far, I'm not sure he'd have that chance.

This year, Jeff Fisher has demonstrated poor judgement on a number levels.....hiring decisions, roster decisions, gameplanning decisions, you name it. Now the entire season has blown up in his face as a result.

Fisher had a major hand in creating this steaming pile of dung.....let him figure out how to clean it up. Putting Vince out there right now would just be one more guy to take the blame.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

"I don't want VY playing if the wind is blowing or against teams with a top 15 defense." ;)

Why not? That's the same team Collins is trying to win with. If the goal here is to play VY over Collins because he gives the team a better chance at winning, the conditions are the same for each.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

I muchly agree with this. But if we do put Vince out there, if we are really wanting him to succeed, then I hope that we let him run plays and formations that cater to his strengths.
    For example. Let's take Collins' epic ineptness at beating the blitz (we could also say Dingers ineptness at calling plays for it), but do you think ANY team in this league would try to blitz VY in a 4 WR shotgun spread formation?

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

I have a feeling that When VY comes in, he will suck. Why? Because i don't think Fish and Dinger will change the game plan to adapt to him, they will probably keep the same plays and not give Vince the opportunity to run. He is probably gone, i hate to say it but i see no loyalty in fisher. And seeing as he never wanted Vince anyways, he is just trying to weed Vince out of Tennessee just like he seems to be doing with lendale.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

yes VY will throw the ball up for grabs or run into the FS spying on him

VY will suck because VY sucks. He won't suck as much as KFC, but that level of suckitude is reserved for 40 something drunks whose HC is showing the world whose mustache can't be trimmed.

As long as VY pretends he is a drop back pocket passer he will suck. VY will have too use his legs to succeed and those plays are not in the playbook they are up to VY reading the D and taking advantage of what they give him.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Spot on! Exactly what i have been saying. He isn't playing like the QB we drafted him to be. In 06 he did. But 07 for some reason, he left plenty of lanes open. If he goes back to his running, it will eventually help the pass. And even our run. But if he doesn't then who needs him? I like the guy, but if he isn't using his legs then i think i'd take quinn.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

He tore his hammy in the Bucs game.

I really think he probably is going to suck. He's getting older. He's been coached wrong for years. He probably can't run like he could a few years ago. And I question if anyone outside the elite QBs in the NFL could really put up good numbers in our system, and even Brady, Manning, Palmer, etc. would be career lows in this offense.

All I wished for was to set the single season TEAM rushing record in the NFL with VY, CJ, and LW....It sounds so good..............Fisher WHY!?!?!?!?

9. TexasTitan24

TexasTitan24 Camp Fodder

really VY is getting older...he is only what a 4 yr player i dont think he a lost a significant amount of speed .

10. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

even if Vy got back to running the ball, he would be beat up after 4 years and pretty much worthless. McNair was 10 times tougher than Vince and even he got beat up and couldnt give much more. Warner, Favre,Collins etc... last much longer cause they Pass and try to avoid contact.

VY cannot pass, and will not last long running. We need a 10-12 year Franchise QB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar