If CJ gets 2000...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by cdy_hitt, Dec 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdy_hitt

cdy_hitt Senior...

If CJ hits the 2K mark are any of you worried of a decline in his production next season?

2. TitanPredBrent

TitanPredBrent Camp Fodder

Chris Johnson is just going to get better until he peaks a few years from now. IMO

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I'm not. He's a freakish athlete and only 24 years old.

4. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I don't see any decline. He will continue to get better which is great for us. I remember how crazy he sounded earlier in the season when he mentioned running for 2000 and winning an MVP award.

I love that he sets the bar for himself so high and works hard to meet his goals. I love this kid and want to see more of him for years to come.

5. p_funk

p_funk Hillbilly Titan

I do not think he will drop off next season. His yards may go down a little, but that is not a bad thing. The reason I say that is hopefully the yards are down because we are using him a little less. I just hope we do not run him to death next season.

6. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Decline? He's close to 2,000 yards now. He has a hell of a lot of room to "decline" and still be a great back. I'm interested in seeing him get 2,000 yards this season, because that's all we have left to look forward to. I could care less what his stats are next season as long as he contributes to a Superbowl season.

7. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

this might be the stupidest question I've ever answered...

No.

and guess what, I won't be worried if he only gets 1900 either..

8. iQon

iQon Starter

No, he's a special player that will likely give us 1500 every year. I'll be mad if he doesn't get the record after 2k though.

Don't expect Chris to be this much of a workhorse for an entire season again. Assuming Lendale leaves, I expect them to start giving Ringer reps and by 2011, we'll have something similar to what we had last year. So the days of 25-30 carries will dwindle to 20. And they'd be smart to do their damndest to make it that way. His body won't last doing this every year.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

He won't last long if he is the main ball carrier. He will need LenDale or Ringer next year to carry 10 times at least per game.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I'd rather him run for 1000 and make the playoffs. It's a shame that many of the teams with the great RBs never make any noise in the postseason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar