If Chris Brown is starting for us at any point next year--I'm gonna lose it

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by eberry, Mar 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

Sorry. I agree with the FO that Henry is not worth a ton of cash, but if we are pushed back into the Chris Brown "is he / is he not" tailspin again I don't know what I'll do--he is the ultimate talent blocker: just good enough that he sticks around but never becomes a legitimate starter and keeps you from beginning the process of finding one.

I say all this because LenDale's startability has me worried that he will lose the job to Brown somehow or get himself in trouble and down the rabbit hole we go--LenDale is a success or failure type [and if he isn't the guy then you're on to the next], but Brown is a years-and-years of uncertainty type, culminating in an eventual "well I guess we'll mark it down as failure."

Somebody tell me that I'm not up-to-date on something and that we're going to let Chris Brown leave. Please.

2. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

As far as I know, Brown is already gone.

3. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Been gone for a bit now.

4. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

Prayer--answered.

5. Nine

Nine Starter

Brown is already a FA...I've heard nothing about any teams expressing serious interest in him.

I do think that Henry's departure increases the chances of the Titans re-signing Brown.

However, I'm pretty sure they no longer view him as a feature back, for reasons obvious. He'd be a very good complement for Lendale, and has the ability to step in if White goes down.

Brown obviously isn't the well-rounded #1 RB that teams love, but make no mistake....he could still be an important contributor on offense. He's a guy who could easily generate 1000 yards of offense as a #2, and would give the offense an added dimension that it might not have otherwise.

6. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

I disagree--he's a guy that's focused on beating out your starter and then has no "it" to push any further.

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Browns biggest problem was injuries. If he could somehow stay healthy for a full 16 games he would be a good back in the NFL.

8. TD10

TD10 Camp Fodder

Browns biggest problem was he could pick up a 30 yard run the first play of the game, but could never pick up a 3rd and 1.

9. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Neither could Travis Henry until we changed the offensive line. Yes Henry is better at it than Brown, but the whole 3rd and short conversion crisis was more a question of a bad O-line than bad runningbacks.

10. Nine

Nine Starter

Ehhhh....even at his best, CB was a poor short yardage runner. He's a guy who can take a little crease and turn it into a 20+ yard gain, but those creases rarely exist in short yardage situations.....the runner usually has to push the pile and get whatever he can.

In this situations, Brown typically hits the pile and gets stopped in his tracks....no power at all, probably due to his upright running style. I really like what he brings to the table for most situations......but as a power runner, he sucks. Fortunately, the Titans have Lendale for that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar