If Billy Volek Is The Starting Qb....................

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansCountry25, Apr 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maximus

maximus Starter

A stopgap QB is only going to slow our return to the next dynasty.

2. 2toneblue77

2toneblue77 Guest

Personally I think the only thing that will keep Volek from being a good starter is the Oline. If he has solid protection he can make the throws needed to win. Our Oline sucked last year, I really think that having some young blood out there (Roos, Stewart, Bell) with strong vet leadership coming from the interior, Billy can flourish. He's got accuracy and arm strength, he just needs a little more time to set up. I agree that he isn't a franchise QB but can definately take the reigns until one is ready (much like Kitna of the Bengals). I really don't think we will totally suck with him, but we won't be any better starting a rookie if McNair is out of the picture.

3. metal957

metal957 Starter

Wow nothing like bashing the team five months before the season starts. Let him play the first game if he is the Starting QB before you start in. But hey hater will be haters. :irked:

4. metal957

metal957 Starter

Do you know what is funny about you bringing up Maddox. Ever since Keith Bulluck laid his A$$ out 3 years ago, he has never been the same. They had to bring out the stretcher and he spent the night in Nashville. That's why he lost the job to Big Ben.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

We are not in a great situation either way you look at it. Either we keep McNair and don't have his 10 million to spend on more FAs or we go out and get a guy like Ty Law, dump McNair and hope our rookie can be ready in year 2 while Billy holds down the fort.

Still, if McNair leaves and plays for another team and Billy is our starter it would be interesting to see how their production compares at years end. Who will have the better stats and who will miss the most games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar