If AH leaves...here's another alternative!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gut, Feb 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

You do realize that theres a "Y" in Haynesworth dont you? Everytime you mention his last name you always forget the "Y", i just didnt know if it was lack of knowledge or if you just never felt like typin that extra letter..

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

Depends on how fast people sign these guys. If Bernard gets a lot of action, I could see him getting 10mil if AH is getting 16.5/yr. Then again, a domestic abuse situation should scare a lot of teams away...perhaps us too. He could also get suspended for it so...not sure if he'd be worth it. I also haven't really watched him play last season. I haven't watched Robertson either...and yes, Robertson was the guy who supposedly has a bone on bone issue in his knee.

Med staff would have to check these guys.

I don't think Marks is a first rnd player. I could see us going Brace at the bottom of rnd 2...if he's still there. He's definitely not AH, but he could be the big run plugger along with Vickerson while Jones and Brown are the pass rushers. I would expect something like this (or knowing the Titans, they could draft a DT even later) rather than spend 10mil on a Bernard.

The other possibility would be making a trade with Carolina for Peppers (assuming Peppers would allow it AND doesn't want $16mil/yr). Of course, I wouldn't give up 2 first for him nor would I pay him 16mil a year...but its a small possibility. More likely, think they try to upgrade DT via the draft and try and sign a former big time WR who gets cut or becomes free. May even go after a modest free agent WR like a Mark Clayton.

Gut

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I'd bet Titans pick up a 2nd tier FA DT and continue to rely on depth and rotation to keep the line fresh...

4. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

Denver had one of the worst rush defenses in the league. I am not sure I would want one of their rejects.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Robertson or Bernard would fit our scheme and be decent players for us IMO but I really don't think either is an upgrade to JJ or TB. We would be getting another player that is similar but possibly having to pay out substantial money to get them. Seems to me the best approach is to save the money, draft a value DT and let Washburn develop Vickerson and the new guy along with JJ. By the way guys...JJ might end up having a far superior career to either Robertson or Bernard and IMO is better than either right now.

If we lose Ah there is no reason to panick and make a stupid deal. There is no way we are going to find a guy like AH anyway. If we are going to spend decent money on any DT it should be AH.

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Dewayne Robertson has a "bone on bone" condition in his knee and has buyer-beware flags popping up all around him.

7. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

One guy i wouldnt mind taking a look at is Gabe Watson from Arizona. Hes a RFA but at 6-3,332 i think he might be someone to look into for the right price. I know Fisher was high on him when he coached the SR bowl and i think working with a D-line coach like Washburn he could really turn into a solid player. Watson is only 25 so he hardly has any wear and tear except for a sugery he had on his knee in the beginning of the 08 season which hes recovered from. Just a suggestion thats all

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar