If Aaron Maybin is cut...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by steverife, Jan 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 24

24 Starter

Raheem Brock anyone? And with Blount, it's looking like we can't even evaluate our own talent...

2. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

Stop the presses!

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I'm sure if the coaching staff had a crystal ball and knew Derrick Morgan was going to tear his ACL he wouldn't have been cut in camp.

Chances are it was down to Ball or Brock. Ball started a lot of games for us and gave us seven sacks when he was healthy.

4. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

We can't be so desperate we're signing sub-260 lb. DEs from the BILLS waiver wire.

5. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

OMG!!!!! You're a genious!!!!!! Nostradomas of Titanland.

We're not worthy!!!!!!!!! You are always right.......

6. Thefreak

Thefreak Shut Down Corner

I disagree. A Quarterback or Running back are only as good as their line's allows them to be.

Jerome Bettis looked like crap with the Rams his second and third year in the league. They cut him and Pittsburgh scoops him up and he looks like the second coming of Earl.

Garrison Hearst, Thomas Jones, Cedric Benson... the list goes on.

Qb's have also had major turnarounds when put on different teams. Jim Plunkett, Steve Young, Vinny Testaverde, Tommy Madox, Drew Brees...

Everyone who makes it to the Pro Leagues are great players, its just some of them excel only in certain schemes and or systems. When someone gets cut its wise to look at all of the circumstances that led to him being released. If he is a young guy maybe he's not comfortable in that system that they run. If he's an older guy then maybe there was a scheme change or new coaches were brought in.

There will always be injuries and some guys who just don't have the pride/desire/fire to really work ,but someone who never belonged in the league to begin with getting drafted is a rare occurrence...

I have never seen Maybin play, as I rarely watch Penn State and watch the Bills only when they are shown on the Red Zone channel and when we play them, but I wouldn't be opposed to picking him up for training camp and seeing if Washburn can light a fire under his butt.

7. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I think the work ethic question is very fair. On the other hand, he was a 22 year old, stuck on losing team, and playing the wrong position for a coach that publically hated him. Just because he didn't work in that situation (if that is actually the case), doesn't mean he wouldn't take advantage of a fresh start. Worst case, he is like Mike Williams for the Titans....

As someone who has watched most Penn State games the last 20 years, I thought he was a better pure pass rusher than Tamba Hali. Remember, he only started half a year of college and he was an All-American.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar