If a team offers a 3rd for Kenny do you take it?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Apr 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

I'd have to say no on this one.

We know that Britt is easily a top 10 WR when playing at his A game.. while many draft picks retire after three seasons because they aren't as good as people thought.

It'd be a risk either way.. You trade Britt, you're risking that the player we get instead will be better for us in the future. You also risk the potential of Britt lighting up the scoreboard for another team for the next five years. If you keep Britt, you risk him getting into more legal trouble, or that he never fully recovers from his injury, or sustains new ones.

So really there is no absolute "right or wrong" answer. Both are risky. Personally I would keep Britt, but that's just me.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Nope. A second and he's outtie tho. Mid 2nd is good value and you could replace him. A third you are shooting for a role player however you wouldn't get a 2nd and you probably couldn't get a 3rd for his disaster in waiting self

3. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

He is a role player at this point is he not?

4. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Yes. No doubt. However he does still have upside as a number one if he can pick up the pieces. Upside that a third round role player is unlikely to have. If we can't get a 2nd for him we are better off praying to the football gods that he has a career year lol.

5. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

No way. He is going to create constant double teams this year. We already have two third round picks already. I am not try to see Washington and Wright as our starting WRs.

6. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Its all about risk vs potential reward.

The potential reward for Kenny is very high. That is worth passing up a 3rd rd pick, that probably wont make much of an impact this year (remember this team needs wins now)

Plus, its not like we are set at the WR position right now anyway. We have Wright and Nate (for now). Outside of that we lack any real talent at the position.

Only way I see us doing it is if have a few D players we really likr in the 3rd. Then trade him for a 3rd, draft a WR in the 1st, G in the 2nd, and go D with out 3rds.

But even then, does a rookie WR have a better chance of breaking out in year 1 than KB does this year? Probably not.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Grab the pick for the 3rd and get that PoS off my team!

8. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

I would take a dorrito loco supreme, has to be ranch though, for britt. In a heartbeat!

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I think you are reading into that.

10. shinypsp

shinypsp Practice Squad

Unless we look like legitimate SB contenders, assuming he does well in his contract year, dump him off before the deadline and reap the rewards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar