"I'd do it again if I had the decision all over again" - Jeff Fisher

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Dec 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

It's not meaningless, but it certainly is less meaningful than many on here would have you believe. Either way, we've still got work to do, which is a good thing. Having two meaningless games wouldn't have been good for the team. If we can step up to this challenge and win home field for ourselves, then I think it'll build a lot of confidence going into the playoffs. If we can't do it, then I think you see our team tighten down quite a bit over the next few weeks in order to put up the best division round performance that we can.
  2. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Beautiful.:grrr:
  3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

We weren't going to have any time left. Our defense quit as soon as the coach gave the Texans the game. And I can't blame them.

Hard to play your best when your coach just pissed it away. A team good enough converts 4th and 3? A team good enough was present- however a call suitable for that team was not.

A corvette is good enough to win most street races, but put it on a dirt track and see how it does.
  4. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

So if we had gone with a FG attempt and Bironas nailed it (like we all know he probably would have), Albert doesn't end up getting injured right? :grrr:
    • High Five High Five x 1
  5. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up Tip Jar Donor

I didn't like the play call, but I'll admit it's mostly that I didn't like the outcome. Case in point:

TEN & JAX. 4th Q, 6:00 left and we're up 17-14. Jags have the ball. They bust at 14 yard run and then take a shot deep, which is intercepted by Carr. Titans call run, run, run - looking like the we're-playing-for-a-field-goal-and-to-eat-the-clock team we've seen before. 4:00 left, 2nd & 8, pass deep left to Gage. TD, game over. We all love the call.

Now in my mind, the difference is that in the 3rd Q he hit Gage for 56 yards on the same route. So they were clicking that day... but following the 3rd Q TD Collins next attempts were 3-7 for 13 yards, 1 sack. So sometimes you have to keep taking shots and expect someone to make the play. Personally I buy into the philosophy that says you go with who's hot when the game is on the line. McCareins was not hot - here was JMacs day:

incomplete deep right to 19-J.McCareins
    incomplete deep right intended for 19-J.McCareins INTERCEPTED
    incomplete short right to 19-J.McCareins
    incomplete deep right to 19-J.McCareins.
    pass deep middle to 19-J.McCareins for 17 yards FUMBLES
    pass incomplete deep middle to 19-J.McCareins
    pass incomplete short left to 19-J.McCareins
    pass short right to 19-J.McCareins for 7 yards
    pass short left to 19-J.McCareins for 12 yards
    pass incomplete deep right to 19-J.McCareins
    pass incomplete short left to 19-J.McCareins
    pass incomplete deep left to 19-J.McCareins
    pass incomplete deep left to 19-J.McCareins

7 deep passes for McCareins. 1 complete, which he fumbled. 1 other intercepted. 4th & 3 with the game on the line, I don't even look his direction. Gage, Johnson, Scaife... anybody. Heck, make Roos an eligible receiver. That's my only issue with the call.
    • High Five High Five x 4
  6. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

If our defense quit with two minutes still left in the game, then we deserved to lose.
  7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Teams on both sides quit when the game is over. The game was over. I know we had the music city miracle once, and maybe something similar can happen again- but it's not likely. We handed it to them. Our defense knew it.

Emotions play a HUGE part in football. You're not going to find many defenses fight for 20 seconds worth of "opportunity" when you should be up by 2 points already but aren't because your coach simply decided not to be.
  8. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

20 seconds? They got the ball back with 1:55 left! With three time outs, if they get a three and out we get the ball back with between 1:20 and 1:30 left on the clock. If our defense quits on the team in a one point ball game with two minutes left, then we did not deserve to win the game.
  9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Quit bringing up facts that hurt Gloat's arguments! They should be ignored so he can be right!
    • High Five High Five x 1
  10. onetontitan

onetontitan Fire, walk with me.

God, he sucks.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.