I would take Tebow over VY

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ammotroop, Dec 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Not sure how Vick got brought into the conversation, but he was better in ATL than Vince, and is 3xbetter now. How many chances does a guy get with you guys? He has shown some sparks, I agree, but with all the off/on the field drama you have to do more than that. SURE he has a winning record, and maybe he can get his act together. I would prefer he did it somewhere else. Peace out, deuces, whatever..good luck. He is the T.O. of Qb's and he is no where NEAR a good a QB as T.O. is a WR.

And if 5 years, Tebow maybe done, Vince maybe done.....all I am saying is if I had to build a franchise around one or the other it is a NO brainer...Tebow.

All of this being said, I will root for Vince if he is here next year, but right now I hope he isn't.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Ya, cause he runs ALL the time now.....and when he does decide to run he doesn't get hurt.

Like SEC I used to defend him like you guys are....I stood by him when he "didn't" try to kill himself. I stood by him when he was on the bench pouting. However, walking out on your team and throwing your pads in the stand, enough is enough. He may win on the Field, but he is a loser in real life.

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

You've got a good post here but I stand by the "high and drunk" sentiment that
    That's a truism to me.
    Vick's first seven seasons... and as for last season, for purposes of this comparison, last season is a no count for Vick. Those stats should be combined with this year as he was used sparingly in situational packages.
    This year has been a complete breakout. He's a total beast. I think we can all agree on that.

As for Young, he was on the bubble of truly breaking out as well. VY looked hot earlier this season. However, there are some key issues that remain unresolved. #1. Decision making. He got himself injured by doing stupid stuff. Can that be refuted? #2. VY has clear emotional maturity issues that have yet to be resolved and these issues have been a ongoing hinderence his entire career. #3. VY is predisposed to chronic injury and his quality of play as well as overall morale suffers tremendously from it.

These are his three biggest issues and they all overlap and play upon one another. I didn't even talk about his mechanics, throwing motion or poor footwork. All of that has improved. Marginally, but improved nonetheless. He used to not make reads. He reads defenses better now. He's a much more accurate thrower. The picks are much less of an issue. He stays in the pocket better. I've even seen him wisely take a sack. This is a product of good coaching. He still needs to take better care of the ball when it is in his hands. (fumbles) His throws are much better though. I seriously credit Coach Dowell Loggains, Coach Craig Johnson, Coordinator Mike Heimerdinger and Head Coach Jeff Fisher for their part in Vince's development as a player. However, it is not the role of any of those men to teach Vince Young how to be a man. Vince Youngs main issues are not based on coaching as their root lies in basic fundamentals of gentlemanly conduct.

Now I know Mike Vick had the character issues. I know about the Ron Mexico side of Vick. Somehow he conquered that. If you turned back the clock on me I would have NEVER predicted the breakout he's experiencing. I would have predicted a PRISON BREAKOUT before I predicted this. Just because I would be wrong about Vick I'm not about to expect lighting to strike twice.

Vick has 2,072 career attempts and has been picked 57 times. (.0275)
    Young has 1190 career attempts and has been picked 42 times.(.0352)

Vince Young is an interception machine next to Mike Vick.
    He is ranked #31 among active quarterbacks in interception %.
    Mike Vick is 16th best active, 28th best ALL-TIME.
    http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_int_perc_active.htm
    That means that 15 other active qb's not as good as Mike Vick is taking care of the ball throwing take care of the ball better throwing than Vince Young.
    http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_int_perc_active.htm

guys not named Vick that are better than Young at taking care of ball throwing than VY include Hill, Campbell, Batch, Carr, Collins, Edwards, Brett Favre for Pete's sake!, Henne, Boller, Delhomme...

all of these guys throw int's less frequently, in terms of attempts, than VY.

Mike Vick in his second year was without an interception until week 9. He threw 8 int's the entire year and finished the season with 16 passing TD's as well as 8 rushing TD's. Go look at the stats. VY threw twice as many interceptions in his first 30 starts.

4. eds clothing

eds clothing Camp Fodder

I lived in Atlanta when VIC played there Vic was the best athlete on the field running the ball his passing was ehh. What happen to Vic was Andy Reid he tailored his offense around his strengths. Vic has now also grown into the position as far as his passing. I think Vy could be a better passer than Vic Vy throws one of the best deep ball in the game he needs to get with a Coach that will work to his strengths.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

And ours does...

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

Yeah I'm serious. Clearly portrayed? By who? Merril Hoge? What the hell does portrayal have to do with it? When Vick was in Atlanta he took his team to the playoffs in his second season and kicked the dog$#!t out of the Packers. The following year he broke his leg. Is that when his legs became a "non-factor"? He was injured in a pre-season game against the Ravens in 2003 and the season was basically lost because of that but in 2004 the Falcons came storming back, went 11-5 and took the NFC South. They earned a 1st round bye and narrowly beat a talented St. Louis team in the divisional only to fall to the eventual Super Bowl runner up Eagles in the NFC Championship game. Granted, the 2005 Falcons missed the playoffs but why does that make a rookie VY better than a guy who's "had maybe a few good games" ? You mean a couple of play-off wins? When did VY ever win a play-off game? Maybe the critics were tough on VY because he scored a 6 on his Wunderlich.

Vick is the better passer I promise you but yes I will agree that VY is much more accurate and skilled as of this last season before injury. Your system garbage is just that. Garbage. VY on 30 attempts will typically get you on average about <140>200 yards, a TD and maybe a pick. Look at his game logs. It's not hard to cherry pick and project. There is nothing is his history to suggest that a beast performance like we saw against the Cardinals is typical.
    and now that debate has been put to rest so what is your point?
    So you are saying that VY was not comfortable in his system this year that earned him the league's best passer rating for a time?

7. Mike.Inghram

Mike.Inghram Camp Fodder

wow, seriously?...tebow has played how many games?

the dude throws the ball slower and with less force than jamie moyer

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

and you post like old people &@#%

9. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

He is doing decent against the Chargers. He might not get the victory, but for a rookie, he looks dang composed at the end of this game.

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Not too tough when people have zero expectations of you, the game means nothing, and you're getting 5 minutes a snap to throw the ball.

Anyway-

Anyone that thinks Vick was better in ATL than Young was here doesn't remember. Being a fan of Vick and a hater of Vince... trust me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar