I Waited to Post this, to let the discussion Develop.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TennT1tan, Oct 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

^^^Look man, people are more interested in talking about the minutiae (check a standard dictionary) than in whatever ill-defined point you are trying to make. What happened to "let the discussion develop"?

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We shall call him cretin. "McRath is an OLB, but thanks for really making me think twice when I read your posts:grrhee:" Durrrr

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I agree. Fisher is like that kid who would do practically anything, crazy as it seems, to avoid being seen as "wrong." I'm sure he has and I just can't remember it, but I don't recall Fisher shouldering the blame for any loss in years. If it's something he's grown out of - humility, that is - that's just not a good thing at all.

Fisher's general stance: "This is NOT happening."

4. Riverman

Not true. Here is quote from Fisher after the Jets game:

http://www.titansonline.com/news/ar...e-Quotes/2a9e9b55-d22b-457a-8f6f-070680211721

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Yeah, but with Fisher being the final judge on that, and it being quite subjective, Fisher can say, "No, I don't see it" no matter what. Only way it gets contested if he split snaps with them during the preseason, which he didn't, would be to give him fair preparation for a game along with a gameplan that is suitable to that QB. Since this ship of an offense is geared toward Kerry right now, I don't really see how it will change for Vince. It be nice if Fish was as "fair and balanced" as we'd like to believe, but I don't think he is. At least not anymore, or this season, or however you want to argue it. Especially with it admittedly being more than just the QB as the problem, I don't see Fisher spending an excessive amount of time fixing the offense when the defense is his trademark. As well, Fisher got bent over by Collins's demands in the offseason, glady, I might add, and would feel like a liar if he went back on that toward him. I acknowledge that plays a part in it too. But it's much easier to do given that Young has fallen out of his favor.

Again, it's symptomatic of Fisher focusin on the details, and really not considering the team. He's lost in the world of personal gripes and pride, which is what I think led us into this whole mess to begin with.

It's one thing to dismiss an outright criminal like Adam Bernard Jones - to whom he gave more chances, by the way - but a guy like Haynesworth with an albeit slow learning curve who seemed to be trying to get back on track, and a guy like Young who is still just a kid...Jones took away all the patience and paternity in Fisher as a football coach, in my opinion.

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. TennT1tan

TennT1tan Camp Fodder

Chuckle.... Good post Riverman. That's why I referred to the 'Urban Dictionary'. It defines 'minutia' as the more refined definition. But these days it's 'menusha' which is a tad more 'vulgar'.

The 'ill-defined' was simply an attempt to be critical of every other post on this board for the last few days. They seem to dwell or have been to scruitinze in minute' detail every 'little' facet of the Titan's play. Having been a member of several different 'incarnations' of this board back to the Tennessee Oiler days, I've seen this 'trend' repeated over and over and over. BORING! It is a good 'dance', but it goes no where and next week will be proved wrong. It's a micro-managing of ideas and concepts which are predicated on a faulty premises.

So....get out of the 'box' and step back and look at the big picture that is right in front of you. I notice no one has denied that Keith is one of Fishers more vocal defenders. Even now his comment is 'left-handed'. Namely, that he's telling you the story.....all you have to do is listen. Then you can see that there is a 'LOCKER ROOM' problem with Fisher, et al.

Riverman....keep the discussion going....I do appreciate the discussion. Hopefully before the next game I will be able to divulge enough information through 'discussion' so as all might see.

How about that pigeon. We need one of those.

8. Riverman

It is stating the obvious to note there is a locker room problem. There have been numerous posts regarding how (and why) Fisher has lost the team, speculative posts that Fisher is burned out here and is on Jerry Jone's radar, as well as increasing tension between Fisher, ownership and the rest of the front office.

I have never perceived Bulluck's statements to "defend" Fisher but rather he is stating his own ideas regarding team play. He usually references "harder work" themes in his statements when something is going wrong with the team.

"I told you so", egocentric and self-promoting grandiose posts are REALLY boring. If you have something to say, you would be better served to state it directly and keep the metaphors and vague inuendos to a minimum. Honestly, I have trouble following what you are trying to say. You come off as drunk or crazy to me.

(btw- I assume you mean the Oakland pigeon and are referencing their win over Philly.)

9. TennT1tan

TennT1tan Camp Fodder

I want to thank whoever deleted my last post. Trying to be respectful seems to be a lost art and since this board really doesn't want a debate on the issues, I will no long post or visit here.

I thought the tenor of the board had changed, but it seems that some are still 'priviledged' and can have their say, but others can't.

Adieu.

10. Riverman

Your right- it was certainly a weak admission at best.

But on a different point, don't forget that Vince WAS Fisher's starter until he refused to go back in the Jax game after the boos. I have always felt that Vince would never get Fisher's trust back again after that. I'm sure Fisher is biased against Vince, but it isn't like Fisher didn't support Vince prior to that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar