I think the Titans may trade Scaife

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GLinks, Feb 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

A guy like Gonzales could be the difference between being a contender and being a champion. He is a special player and even if he only has 2 really productive years left i would love that he be a titan in those 2 years. If the chiefs asked for a 2nd and 5th for him i would jump at it.

Can you image scaife in another contract year paired with tony G?

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Um...

Ya mean besides Suggs blowing him into the backfield???

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Roll...

A few problems. First, there is a likely possibility TG retires after ONE YEAR! TG has had better years because of a guy named Bowe taking some heat off him. We don't have a Bowe.

Did not having a TE better than Scaife cost us the game vs the Ravens? No. We should have beaten them and we certainly are capable of beating the Steelers. So why get a one year upgrade for Scaife AND a 3rd (and that's being very optimistic). Since we pick so late...it's more likely Scaife AND our 2nd. That 2nd rnd pick could be a starting CB after one year...or a OC, or a WR, or a DT...give that up for a ONE year upgrade at TE. No thanks.

The cost is too high for the improvement for one year. Pioli knows what he has in TG and is not gonna left him go cheap...he needs to rebuild!

Gut

4. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

omg we wont trade Bo! Fisher falls in love with some players. and Bo is one of them i think.

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Can board members be traded?

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

lol...

:lol3:

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Yeah...

Certainly a possiblity - and a good one. But he ties up MORE of our cap this year. Since there is no cap next year at the moment, we can basically force him into a lower long term salary since his franchise and RFA tag next year would probably be a lot less than they'd offer him long term.

I could see them trade him, play him under the tag, or signing him long term. Gives them lots of flexibility...especially via the draft.

Gut

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Hello...

TG said one more year...two MAX. Whether he can play 5 more years is irrelevant. He doesn't want to!

Gut

9. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

Come on Gut,even the best players get blown up. For the most part Scaife has been very consistint in the running game

10. reo

reo Starter

They were supposedly asking for a 2nd last year and the Titans offered their 2nd but KC up'd the price at the last minute. Why would you think their price now would be Scaife & a 2nd?? At most if you put Scaife in the deal, it'd be a 4th or 5th but I'd think lower. Make it Scaife and LW for TonyG since Larry Johnson has been vocal about wanting out too and we might even be able to get a 6th or 7th back.

And if Tony came here and had a great year and went deep into the playoffs then imo he'd play at least another year, maybe more. The guy has never even won a playoff game in his career. Coming to a really good team would fix a lot. But I'd still draft a TE in the 2nd or 3rd to groom behind him though.

Fact of the matter is, I think Scaife is average and I'd love to upgrade on him w/ Tony.

It just doesn't make sense to be for Adam Schefter to report on NFLN right before the trade deadline during the season that the Titans had traded for TonyG and then have the deal fall through at the last minute and then during the offseason they tag Scaife and are looking to sign him long term?? Doesn't make sense to me. They were apparently looking to upgrade and then they're looking at signing what they have long term?

And when it comes to Bowe, trading for Tony wouldn't mean we could still bring in some FA WRs or make a trade for one. Remember the Titans were also rumored to have offered their 1st for Torry Holt. And they supposedly had a deal on the table for Roy Williams before JJones blew the Lions away w/ their offer.

I expect them to make some moves this year... but we'll have to wait and see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar