I think Dee Milliner is our guy

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by SawdustMan, Apr 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

He doesn't strike me as physically gifted enough to be a consistent threat in the NFL. If he was 255/260 I might see it different. However, 240.... Ehhhh. He's got the length and speed. Plays hard, just his body structure worries me. I could very well be wrong but I think he could explode as a 34 OLB... But a 43... We need players to stop the run. I don't see "the freak" in him at all.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

His body type does scream 3-4 OLB, but LSU had him all over the D-Line. He's a DE whether we like it or not.

Jevon Kearse wreaked havoc on QB's at 250, Leonard Little 240, so I'm not gonna let a silly 10lbs keep me from wanting Mingo, dude will be a great player for years.

3. Clark

But compare their stature... Kearse still looked like a monster. Mingo to me honestly looks thin and small.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

You were just a kid when Kearse was a Titan, of course he looked bigger than Mingo.

5. Clark

Lol pulling out the age card broski?? Fair enough but we can agree to disagree. I'm not saying he will be a bust, just that he isn't the fix for our team and he doesn't fit our scheme.

6. JCBRAVE

Oh so you wanna stick with that garbage ass scheme Gray has?

Greg Williams is about to open your eyes and get him the best guy off the edge there is in Mingo.

7. Clark

I'm not saying coach scheme. I'm saying primarily the 43 scheme. Mingo would be a 3rd down contributor for us for the most part while starting full time for a 34. However, a CB like X. rhoads could quickly be a full time player. Warmack would be a full time player. In the grand scheme of things with need vs talent, I dont think mingo changes the dynamic of our team. Warmack would be overkill but he would see nearly every snap. I'm not entirely sold on a DT (star) to be the next AH either... I think corner makes the most logical sense. I'm not even sold on milliner.

The draft revolves around 4 main positions that cycle. QB/LT and DE/CB .... Does Mingo create an immediate impact with Wimbley and Morgan here? Some say yes, but they were both top 10 in hurries... So either the pocket needs to collapse from the inside (DT) or the CBs need to force the QB to hold the ball a tad longer.

It's a good argument to make tho. I'm thinking in regards to what will set off the domino effect for this defense and I'm not sure a situational pass rusher is the key component to that.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Okay so if the Titans did decide on going CB in the 1st I would rather trade down a bit and go with Rhodes/Trufant.

9. Clark

I would as well. Or hope that slay is available I'm the second.

10. JCBRAVE

Except that whos our trade partner, and wheres that leave us picking?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar