I retract everything--Billy couldn't possibly play any worse than that...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by eberry, Sep 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Fisher has his mind made up on how long VY is going to play each game.

Yeah the 2 point play didn't make a lot of sense to me. Then again the Titans have done a lot of things lately that hasn't made any sense.
    i am not a fan of the 2 QB system

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

That's part of the point to these Collins supporters.

The feeling the team had, the crowd had, you can't get that with Collins. Everyone at attention, playing their best.

Losing with Collins is going to be much much worse than losing with Young, or Collins, and you will see that by how particularly the offense plays.

It's ridiculous to leave the QB with the least system experience on the team in to play. If you subtract the passes where Collins did hit receivers on the chest or wherever, from the passes where he just bungled, any of you folks saying "it wasn't largely his fault" would see in fact from a ratio standpoint, it was "largely his fault."

We are going to get 75% out of this team as long as he plays.

This was as much against Billy for being so unprofessional as anything else.

He sure was professional holding his clipboard-with-headset-kit.

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Collins is a career backup at best now. Billy hasn't sucked this much.

They're playing Carter for his experience with 3-4 defenses, but he looks like his vision is going, his hearing is a little warbled and his joints are giving him fits.

I expect some Ben Gay or Icy Hot commercials out of him soon.

4. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

I was the one using "angry" in a message board context. But my point was I just don't understand why anyone would be the least bit salty, even in this forum, about whether Collins or Volek wins out--because the only thing we can agree on is that we don't care about either one. That debate should be purely matter-of-fact who you think's better--since we're not tying to either wagon.

5. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

Is there another team in this league having this much controversy over the QB position? I would have said the Jets before Pennington tore us up.

6. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG I'm Winning The Future

Here here! :yes:

OK, my friend. Much love to you & ALL Titans fans. We're in for a very long season.

My only hope is that they don't ruin Vince by throwing him to the Lions too soon. If he gets in there, & produces, I'll eat my hat & like it, because that would be awesome ... but I don't think the supporting cast is all that great yet.

I'm already anticipating next year when we have the big bucks to spend.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Why couldn't Volek have made a difference? Even if one could argue Collins is the better QB if they have the same amount of time to get ready to play it is purely moronic for this coaching staff to think KC with less than 2 weeks in our system is going to be better. This was a game we had a decent chance of winning and because we were at home and wanting to get off to a good start we should have played whoever was going to give us the best shot. Now that the game is over it was obvious Collins was not ready, looked clueless in the first half and quite honestly looked like crap. We could argue all season on this one but I have to believe Billy would have given us a better shot at a victory and certainly we might have actually put some points on the board in the first half. Now the game is over, we lost and Fisher looks like a blue ribbon idiot.

8. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

If you wanna say someone being the difference in the game just entails sucking just a little less--then I suppose you're right. Like I said, noone could look much worse, so I'm for open competition, but I still believe it's a coinflip between who's sucking less at that time and who's sucking more.

But then again, with all this stuff, I guess what did we expect you know? We all had a good idea of how that offense could look out there w/ either one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar