I retract everything--Billy couldn't possibly play any worse than that...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by eberry, Sep 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG I'm Winning The Future

No ... what's YOUR point?

You're gonna drag innocent Trent & innocent Brad into your impulsive Volek wet dreams, right here .. right now?

:sad2:

I was answering the dude that said Volek has had only ONE bad game his whole career. Surely you wouldn't back that up, would you? I mean with stats, Not fists, of course. This is the Internet. :rolleyes:

Read it ALL first, mister.

2. tntitan89

tntitan89 Guest

I think the worst Collins looked is when he tucked the ball and curled up to take the sack when the rush up the middle was coming. If I remember right, the line held and KC pulled the ball back out and threw it incomplete.

3. SteveH

SteveH Starter

someone help me out a min, pls! why did Young come in for a series? was Collins down? injured?
    it's depressing.. what must be going through the mind of people like Bulluck..?

4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

You were arguing that we shouldn't judge Collins harshly because he went to a Super Bowl. Well Dilfer and Johnson WON super bowls, thus proving that crappy quarterbacks do go to and win super bowls. And Collins is a crappy quarterback.

5. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

People should just grab a Coke and a smile and get over it all. The whole team sucks right now. Reynaldo looked like crap...thanks to his slow twitch reactions they go long late in the 4th to seal the deal.

Collins did not play well IMHO...Chris did not run well...we did not block well...receivers did not catch them when they needed and we committed stupid penalties, like always, to screw the drives or give the other team more life.

It was NOT COLLINS fault we lost this game. Fact his he drove the team on the two drives that tied the game...as much as anyone wants to refuse to admit.

Volek would not have been a difference. Get over it. The team sux....and this was the easiest team we have on the first half of our schedule in my opinion.

Robaire...well....there you go. What the HECK is it with the Titans and hamstrings....I give up.

6. Ewker

Ewker Starter

sure glad I am not the only one who thinks that..and BTW he proved it today.

I will admit I was wrong. It took to the 2nd quarter before the fans started booing him. :grrhee:

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Some players messed up later in the game, and suddenly Eagle and Wilcotts start giving Collins an overly generous slice of "It's not all me," when in fact, it largely "is me." Don't be lulled into thinking Collins is anything other than he was -- a vet out of practice, out of a team's camp all offseason for a reason.

Who didn't see that play where Collins thought he was gonna get sacked by the bull rush, does that startled shake, you know, where you instantly shudder, and puts out his hand, then takes off running? That was pathetic. That said all there was to say. Talk about not adjusted to game speed. Collins had the "Voleks" of old. Hold onto the ball too long, no pocket awareness, no internal clock. I'm sure Volek couldn't have done worse. Vince Young didn't do worse.

We gave away a game we could have won. I'm going to hang our being in there largely to the defense and Travis Henry, both when needed. Slight nod to Drew Bennett. The coaches clearly said "We would rather lose than let you play, Billy Volek." That's a crazy statement. Collins clearly needs another few weeks of practice....very...intense...practices.

It doesn't matter that Young threw an interception. You could feel the change as soon as he came into the game. That was pretty much where they could have kept the offensive momentum of the game, regardless of the turnover. I don't think Young was that fazed anyway. He underthrew the ball with a hand in his face. I wasn't concerned with his throws like many of the 21 balls Collins missed. It really is like the coaches (Fisher) said "We'll treat this game as a practice for Kerry Collins."

You won't know we're much better off without Volek unless he gets to play. There is not an argument that will support presuming Billy would have played worse than Kerry Collins, or Vince Young for that matter. I thought at first that Fisher was holding Billy after he let Collins and Young play, maybe part way through the third, and if Billy could have played no huddle a good part of it (by the way, they could have done this at any drive after Young played, or given Young another shot) maybe we could score again, and win or go into overtime for a chance at it.

Fisher rolled over today with Kerry Collins. It is the regular season. It's important, and important to the players, with whom he may lose more ground. Very selfish and unwise.

It was the wrong call.

8. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG I'm Winning The Future

Fair enough, folks. WOW, Kerry collins is a crappy quarterback. Neato!

Well, sorry to break it to ya's, but so is Billy boy ... & Vince ain't ready, so suck on that, ALL SEASON LONG.

Just like me.

I'll have a coke & a smile. It beats sitting here & arguing about which pile of **** smells worse, stupid crappy Volek or stupid Collins. At least Collins has only been here a week.

Volek has been here FOREVER & he STILL sucks! What's his excuse?

He too = crappy QB

A really crappy one.

9. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

VY should have been allowed to come back and play. He's the best QB the Titans have RIGHT NOW. Fisher deserved all the boo's that were ringing throughout LP field everytime Collins came back out.

10. Toly

Toly Free your mind

The TD that tied the game was set up by the defense after causing a fumble.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar