I remember an Opener...(observations)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ten_Titans, Sep 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

That one run on like 3rd and 10 I think where Battle got hit in the backfield, shook the guy off and then proceeded to pound it up the middle for the first while absolutely demolishing the safety in the process was more impressive than anything CJ did today.

2. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

ReaRYou guys are nuts. If you expected cj to go wild today, or locker to go air raid today you are retarded.

This is the Steelers. The number one defense two years running. On opening day in their house.

You wanted to see ball control offense, and no mistakes. That was our chance to win. We got exactly that. 1-0 baby.

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

SORRY Y'ALL BUT I THINK LOCKER GON COST US A FEW GAMES DIS YEAR!

4. Na$hville

Na$hville Veteran

CJ played good today IMO. He got what was available and didn't try dumb **** to try and hit a home run. He's improved from last year. Keep in mind this was the steelers and their defense is still good. If Jake opens up the pass game a little more, CJ will be going off against some lesser defenses. Along with Battle and Greene ;)

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

I am only pissed really at one player for the bonehead mistake on the opener!!! Reynaud... You know better dang it!!!!! Don't be stupid! Fair to say we made the first C'mon Man of the 2013 season

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Nope.

He just ran to the line of scrimmage and crumbled to the ground.

7. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I didn't expect us to set the world on fire or anything just to play a little better on offense. I expected maybe like 18/26 for 1 or maaaaaybe 2 td's from Locker and about 95 yards + a TD from CJ. It's what I thought we would need to win the game and not at all outrageous or out of reach for our guys. Fortunately the D played better than I expected and we didn't need it.Trust me I'm happy with the win and I think CJ and Locker will be great for us, i was just left a bit unimpressed.

8. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

I'm gonna be optimistic in saying the Steelers Defense is one of the hardest for a young QB. For locker to get what he did... I'm happy. Now if we see that sorta ish vs lesser defenses... Then we got big problems.

I didn't mind the play calling either. Not sure why that keeps coming up. We ran all over the steelers.

9. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

Winners: Titan Fans :beerbang:

Losers: Steeler Fans :bored:

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I didn't start watching until like half way through the 1st quarter but apparently we came out guns blazing with Locker slinging the rock all over the place. The rest of the game was called in a very conservative manner but I have no problem with that. I think we needed to call it that way to win.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar