i-phone

Discussion in 'Gear' started by PhiSlammaJamma, Jan 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Once you go Mac you never go back... :yes:

2. Apple is winning because of simplicity. They were the first to make it easy to use an mp3 player. They were the first to make it east to sync the player to your music library on a computer. And they were the first to make it easy to buy music online (legally). If tech companies can't make the experience easy, consumers won't buy into it...

And that's what they want to do with the smart phone.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Until it becomes TOO popular and the viruses start coming.

4. It's not about popularity. There are millions of Macs out there and virtually no viruses (the ones out there are weak). It's about better security...

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

what would the ratio be between Macs and PCs?

6. Probably about 20-to-1 in terms of actual computers.

But it's about 1000-to-1 in terms of viruses. Worse if you are also looking at spyware/adware...

Mac OS X is simply more secure that Windows. And this is coming from a guy who spends his days fixing people's computers for a living. Now, Vista will be more secure than XP, but the question will be how much (and at what cost)...

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'll tell you soon, my old man is going out to get it soon.

I don't see how the viruses is so much though, I don't get any. (and recently switched from Norton to Avast)

8. Viruses are a huge problem (in Windows, anyway). Of course, so is Norton Antivirus so it's better off you dumped it.

Personally, I've told all my clients to hold off on Vista. No need to rush out and get a brand new Microsoft OS that's sure to have bugs. Wait a while for things to get patched. Personally, I fear I'll have to go out and buy it.

Also, if you do buy it, never buy the retail version. You can get the full OEM version online for half the price.

9. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

I have a Dell Dimension e310 i got it last yr for xmas, it has windows XP and runs like Norton 05, i have no viruses, never had any problems either, and i plan on getting the new Norton later this year, i think that as long as youre not using your computer for the wrong reasons, you dont have to worry

10. Never waste your money on Norton. Just download a good free antivirus app like AVG. Not only is is just as good at spotting viruses, but it won't slow your computer down as much (and is free).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar