I made a bet.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Dec 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

The real question is not about the one player we got out of this culture of losing - but the year after year sucking. It's not fun and not what I signed on for. We have Mariota but we also have 3 wins this year.
    Other teams continue to build like nuts without ever having #1/2 picks.
    Steelers, Pats etc prove my point.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

The Steelers and Pats have good leadership, good coaches, and established franchise QBs.

This is pro sports. Winning and losing don't perpetuate themselves. Teams regularly go from bad to good and good to bad in the span of one off season.

If high picks aren't fixing anything, it's because the leadership in place is screwing it up. Not because a loss in a meaningless game a year ago is somehow making us continue to lose.

There is no team that continually hits on high draft picks, coaches them well, is smart in free agency, that continues losing for very long.

The Raiders hit on three high picks the past two seasons, and they are on the rise, and will probably be a playoff team next year.

Wouldn't have got those players by winning all their games after being eliminated from playoff contention.

If there is any chance at all we clean house and bring in a new GM, I would prefer to give that GM and his coach the best possible tools to build the team.

The first pick is for damn sure going to be more valuable to him than some moral victories zero people are going to care about by the time the wildcard games are played this year.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

and you DONT go to the games

there is most definatly a divide between the LazyBoy fans and the All Weather Fans

just sayin'

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  4. JBC

JBC Starter

Having the first overall pick, or a pick in the top ten is great if you get the best player in the draft. That is rarely the case, however. Look at J.J. Watt. He is the best defensive player in the NFL, and the best player out of his draft class. He wasn't even a top ten pick. As a matter of fact, the Titans could have taken him 8th instead of drafting Mr. Glass.

The draft is like gambling. Some teams have better luck than others. The experts are all usually in agreement on the top 20 ranked players, but they don't always translate into the NFL. Look back at all of the misses every team has had in the NFL over the years. Brady would be the 1st overall pick of his class if the NFL had a do over. I personally don't care if the Titans pick 1st, or 5th as long as we get a few difference makers in the draft. I hope we win out, for no other reason than I loath losing to the Colts, Texans, and Jaguars!

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Winning the last 2 does two things and I think they are both important.

1 HOME winning streak, 2 is a streak right. The Titans could with a straight face talk about the importance of winning at home again.

2 AFCS Parity. Titans would finish at 3-3 in the AFCS and zero reason the offseason could not be used effectively to obtain the talent so obviously lacking

dont get me wrong I totally understand that picking 1 SHOULD get better players than picking 7 but I think the above points trump draft position

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I'll always want to see my team win.

...and in this draft, nobody stands out. If you pick 7th or whatever, you get the same quality player without the pressure and people questioning your decision.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I also believe there is no such thing as meaningless game. You never know when something is going to give someone the confidence and drive to take their game to the next level.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Win the football game! Losing sucks.

#28 Hormesis, Dec 26, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

:hang:

10. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

It's a pretty straight line to get from "higher draft pick" to "better player" to "more wins".

I just don't really see how either of those things lead to winning more games next season when they matter again.

Feeling better about our team... OK.

Not winning more games.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar