I live the Australian cliche

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gunny, Nov 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

How do they respond to saddles and stirrups?

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

They tend to stay away from roads...sometimes...sometimes you see a dead one on the side of a road where I live.

Problem where I live is it used to be major bushland, now it is becoming developed and is now borderline bushland so some get caught in the middle of development with no where to go (though the ones in the photo are in a protected park) so you see them a bit if you go for a walk around the bushland.
    Down the road where my estate ends it's all grass land and there were quite a few there as well.

As for outback Australia I imagine you'd see heaps of them and they don't hang around dense bushlands but open spaces so they are easy to spot.

You wouldn't know they were there if you hadn't seen them.

There is a river near by but I haven't been down there.

3. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

If you want to see roos in urban Australia, your best bet is to go to a golf course. As Gunny said, they tend to like wide-open spaces.

I see more deer in the USA than I did roos at home, but I'd often see roos on a golf course.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

They do love the golf courses.

5. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

I think you need Crocs and Dundee in order to fully live the Australian cliche, but your definitely on the right track.

6. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Gunny makes up for it by listening to Kylie Minogue albums incessantly, while guzzling Foster's Lager and wearing a cork hat.

7. Carpy

Strewth, that's flamin' old-school TB.

I actually am living the modern day Australian cliche in St Louis.

My ring-tone on my phone is the VB beer theme song (http://www.filefreak.com/pfiles/81318/VB theme.mp3) with a voice over telling me "your phone's ringing mate". I drink James Boags beer every night, and I rarely listen to anything other than Australian music.

I do own a Cork Hat and occasionally wear it for a joke to BBQ's, but no-one knows what the hell it is.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'd rather be castrated then listen to that skank.

9. Carpy

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Rfr9bhSmfXc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Rfr9bhSmfXc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Mute button Gunny.......

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Our media suck ups are very below par: Kylie, Delta, Nicole.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar