I Like Matt Hasselbeck

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Finnegan2win, Sep 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Take away the run if you like, MH is gonna destroy you.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

He's been a great pickup for us. Everyone is complaining about the lack of the running game but teams haven't stopped the pass. I saw we continue to pass to open up the run and let CJ be used sparingly to gash the defense for big gains when they drop defenders back into coverage.

3. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Coming from a VY fanboy, I gotta' say Hasselbeck has been giving us the best play at QB we've had since McNair's MVP year.

And he's not only doing it with no run game, he's been doing it with one less down every drive because saying he's been doing it with no run game only would be too much of an understatement.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Hasselbeck is legit!

3rd best Comp%
    7th in passing yards
    10th in passing TDs
    12th in QB Rating

Pretty solid numbers, he not only "manages" the game, but also puts up big numbers. Question is, will he still dominate without Kenny? I think he will. We'll need CJ to get more than 1YPC though.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'm not one bit surprised Matt Hasselbeck is carrying the Titans right now. A little surprised with C.J., but not with Hasselbeck. All along I was expecting he'd play as well as he did his last 2 games with the Seahawks, which is why week-1 was so tough to deal with. I'm thrilled he found his groove in 5 short weeks, but now with no Kenny Britt I do worry if Hasselbeck can mesh with the others after Washington & Cook.

6. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

I agree. I actually was one who vocally said they didn't like the pick up, but I'm glad we did. Good thing I don't work in the FO! lol

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Said it last season that Hasselbeck was our guy- but he is doing a lot better than I expected. I just expected him to be very solid and keep us in games. He's put the team on his back.

And he's damned likable too. Seems like an every-day kind of guy.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I am happy to admit that I was totally wrong about Hasselbeck. I wanted McNabb and boy was I wrong.

I agree with F2W and his OP when he points out how he got up in Denver's grill and barked at em. That right there shows me that this guy is down to ride for this team and I couldn't be happier to have him. He's playing some of his best football and I think he's gonna do even better as the season goes along.

9. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

Hell yeah. Apparently playing for the Seahawks all this time had masked the fact that Hasselbeck is actually an elite QB.

Just keep it up!!!

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

It pleases me to say; "I told you" to every last one of ya out there who hated on the idea of us signing Hasselbeck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar