I Like Matt Hasselbeck

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Finnegan2win, Sep 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

I feel compelled to give props to Hasselbeck, he is straight carrying this team. I didn't really expect much after the signing, I figured "minor upgrade", but holy shiz, he's wearing it out.. two straight 300+ yard games.. been a while since we had that.

I especially liked him chewing out the Bronco player when Britt got hurt, liked his fire.. and I wonder what he said :)

Props Matt, you look good in baby blue.

• High Five High Five x 17
  2. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

Great Post! Looks awesome so far.

Him,Jerry and Kenny are the reason we are 2-1

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I was actually about to post a Hasselbeck praise thread. I liked the pickup from the get-go but I honestly didn't (and I don't think anyone else did) expect him to perform at the level he has been. Without him we're most likely 0-3 right now.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

clearly would be 0-3 with kfc anyways.

So from that measure alone Titans are +2 Ws

5. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

He's exceeding all our expectations. This guy's a real pro! And I love when he fumbled how he pep talked the defense as they were running back on the field. And on the 4th down (goal line stand), I saw him firing up the crowd.

Love this guy!

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Hasselbeck doesn't look at all like an old QB. He looks like the same guy that went to the super bowl in 2005.

His quick decision making, his live arm and his ability to move in the pocket are the same as always.

I was worried when the Seahawks were willing to let him go. I thought maybe they know something. They were idiots to to let a guy like him go when they had nobody to replace him with.

Kudos to Munch for jumping on him right away and talking him into coming here. Great move and he already knew and had the respect of Locker before he even got here.

• High Five High Five x 5
  7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

So far this move is the best we could have hoped for. RT nailed it. And I give credit to our O-line, suck as they are in the run game right now, they're buying time for Hasselbeck to operate in peak form.

He's playing so good that it's not even hurting us that our run game is stuffed. Teams are going to have to start playing the pass much more. The Titans are willing to abandon the run practically and showed they're prepared to get everyone involved in the passing game.

It's not the usual brand of Titan football, but I think we fans might be in for a treat - as long as we can survive without Britt and improve on penalties committed and defense.

8. thickfreakness

thickfreakness Practice Squad

With all the crying over CJ, MH really deserves more credit. The guy has come here and been nothing but a pro- gotta respect the man. Nice breath of fresh air from Collins, and wet paper sack VY.

9. Ryudo

Ryudo Farten Up

Loving Hass.
    best QB on this team last few years easily.

10. pettso

pettso Starter

The Seahawks had no choice really. Their offensive line is a giant revolving door and Hasselbeck isn't very mobile and he's getting older. He can't take the beating required to play on the team and they're trying to rebuild. I think they would have drafted a QB this year if they liked anyone on the board. They decided to pick up Tarvaris Jackson and hope he could turn it around while they prepare for the Andrew Luck bowl next year.

It's a deal that worked out well for the Titans. I don't really think the Seahawks lost too much. Even with him, they wouldn't get anywhere this year so they may as well get a good pick for next year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar