I know I was wrong...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanpride, Aug 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

You bring up some good points. My two biggest hurdles in getting over the Young pick is 1: I was adamant about drafting Cutler even at #3, 2: I still think Young is in-accurate for the pro level ( which could change ).

2. Tide is just being hopeful... :ha:

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

why?Really... what makes you think that?
    Because he didn't time that long pass to Bennet right
    on that PA Friday in Green Bay?
    What about this?
    [​IMG]

4. Ewker

Ewker Starter

this isn't college anymore :wink2:

5. mitnibobo

mitnibobo Guest

reese drafted young because he likes big, athletic, mobile, accurate qbs. i don't like leinart, but i hope cutler is good. i think vince is going to be fine. i love that the coaches like his attitude. there's no way a guy with that much athleticism can't succeed as long as he works, and he is. he rarely makes the same mistakes twice and stays late working with chow and the qb coach (whose name escapes me). vince wants to be great, he believes in himself, and his teammates believe in him. most busts either get hurt or complacent with their contracts. barring injury, vince will be fine.

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Good Post,thanks for the stats.

We always new VY would be behind Cutler & Leinart straight out of the box & I really wanted us to take Leinart instead. They both look like they'll be great Pro's.

That said if they weren't in the draft more would be being made of the way VY is way ahead of where pro scouts thought he would be now & I really like him. We could not have wished for a player with a better attitude & work ethic.

7. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

A lot of people said Cutler is the best qb in the draft. But I don't care, I'm happy with Vince Young.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

a lot of people said ryan leaf was the best qb in the draft. people say a lot of things.only time will tell.

9. V-MAN

V-MAN I still believe

Actually Cutler did have an interception his last preseason game. I believe it was returned for a TD. Not that it matters.

We talked about this pre-draft. This class was leaps and bounds above Smith, and Rodgers.

I think all the rookies looked decent. Only time will tell. However, I am excited about the upside of VY. He is looking better and better.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

V-man..

You are right. Cutler had 4 TDs and 1 int. Cutler looks a lot like rothlisberger to me a guy who can complete a high percentage of passes but create yardage as well. To complete 65% of your passes and still average 9 yards per pass attempt is outstanding and that is why rothlisberger has been so effective.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar