I know I was wrong...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanpride, Aug 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

Dan Marino started in the Pro-bowl his rookie year

2. EZpickin

EZpickin Camp Fodder

IMO The regular season will change that, the game experience at the pro level will change things a lot, this isn't college anymore and Vince and the FO knows there is work to be done.. This reg season will change things drastically as will the experience he's had this pre-season, and next yr will change more... It comes down to time to make the right throw, or run or whatever the situation calls for... Matt hasslebeck was the black sheep of seattle because of INT's and bad throws, he didn't have time to make the throw, now because he's getting the protection in the pocket and making the plays he's getting respect.VY is a rookie and his upside IMHO surpasses anyone else in the draft.. You put Cutler or Leinhart in behind our Oline right now we'd be seeing the same problems... this team needs to protect our QB and let the timing and experience come to the future of this team... Lendale hasn't broken out yet either, but I dont hear people freaking about him, it will come.. This team right now more then anything needs to become a team..and get it together

3. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

It doesn't hurt that he's on a lot better team. He even knows that.

4. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

Cutler will be better, but we drafted Young, and I support that

5. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

I know potential has a lot to do with it... but in my opinion Cutler had more pro level potential, and thats whats hard to swollow. Cutler appears to be this good now, with what hes been ask to do... whats he going to be with a year under his belt. Everyone says we'll reap the benifits from Young 3,4 years from now... wheres Cutler going to be in 3,4 years. I agree Cutler will be better and I was adament about drafting him over Young, but we got Young and I'll have to deal with that and try to be positive.

6. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Look, cutler is going to alright/good but saying he is by far the better than VY is well sort of stupid right now. Look at it this way did anyone think cutler was that great when he played for vandy his first 3 years on a team that was beat up on, and beat down nearly every week except of course when they played the blind school. No. Yeah you could see talent but he was never a winner. VY on the other hand had a high rev, talent loaded college team around him and worked in a system that let him be...himself. It is sort of reversed now, cutler is working in a system that makes 1000-1500 running backs out of nearly anyone who gets the ball and that pretty much makes any QB's life much brigther, VY on the other hand is now leading (and I really hate to say this) the NFL equal of vandy, outtalented nearly everyweek with an OL line that is... offensive and not in a good way, a running back (C. brown) that hits a hole like your little sister and whose best WR is a slow white guy(Givens please get healthy) of whom it can be said will drop at least one perfect pass per game.

7. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Cutler stepped behind a very, very good offensive line and has healthy receivers who catch what is thrown to them.

If Cutler was playing for the Titans we would be hearing the same things about him. Fact is our offense is not very good right now and no QB standing in the mini-pocket that Pillar and "will someone get me a cold towel" Olsen provide would be doing any better.

You assume Cutler will be showing logarithmic growth over 3-4 years yet in that magic crystal ball you find no future for Young. Makes no sense.

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

IMO, VY will never be the pocket passer that Cutler will be. Defensive schemes will be able to shut Cutler down. Cutler will never be able to work the roll-out and provide the mobility that will drive even the best defenses crazy.

Thus far you've seen VY restricted mostly to "pocket passing". That isn't really his strength, but he's done a pretty good job thus far (not as good as Cutler, but pocket passing is not his strength). When games are close, you will see why the Titans drafted Young. He has the combination of mobility and passing ability that will win the close game. Much like McNair, but will actually be better.

Chow/Fisher have kept a leash on VY running the ball to keep him healthy and more importantly to force/accelerate his defensive reads and passing. IMO, they are doing an excellent job of developing him. He is already ahead of the curve.

You'll be less impressed with Cutler as time goes on. I have no doubt.

9. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

10. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

When did the Titans get the O-line and players that Denver has? As I recall they were 13-3 last season and we were 4-12. If Young had as long as Cutler to pass of the blocking of Denver I think his performance would be allot better. Plus it is preseason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar