I just dont understand

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SupDawg, Nov 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It looks like we've run the marathon here and are still on the start line. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

I place the majority of blame on the Titans D lack of success on poor execution, missed assignments and the inability to win enough one-on-one matchups on the players. You think scheme and coaching deserve the bulk of the blame though you continuously point out how the top players in this defense are inconsistent in your article series (which I am enjoying, btw).

I'm guessing the truth will come out in time. With half the season left, we will get to see for ourselves how the defense responds. And if the current level of play is the result, then I'm sure we'll see a new DC and scheme next season and will get to see its impact.

But one last question: If the players were not missing assignments, blowing coverage, whiffing tackles, etc. how much better do you feel another DC would make this current defense?

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

PT should be earned with quality play on sunday. The bench is big enough to hold anyone who misses an arm tackle or allows a runner around the corner ect..

I would rather have Benji Olsen playing DE than watch laboy being pancaked by a TE on a reverse. Bench'em for a series. Hurt their pride and maybe they will show some of it on the field sundays.

PT is determined by the DC FWIW and dehr Schwartzie does not bench pathetic results or effort.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar