I just beat some highly touted basketball prospect.

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Deuce Wayne, Jan 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I have high hopes too. I do like UK, I was at the UK-LSU three overtime upset a few years ago in Lexington. Here is a clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctrEiLKMvDw

After the game, me and my girlfriend were trying to get back to the car and I'd never seen that many people in the streets going nuts. Cars were flipped and set afire... and let me tell you, you didn't wanna be wearing any LSU garb. I saw a few LSU people get pelted by eggs by UK Frat dudes (or atleast dudes who were hangin out infront of a greek house)

LSU fans were getting cursed and taunted and I remember one girl saying.. "Hurry up girl, lets get back to the rouge. These rednecks are idiots." Being a Kentuckian, I just hadda laugh at that one. It doesn't matter if UT is undefeated or winless... if UK beats UT, I expect the same exact reaction as when they beat LSU.

While I think the SEC is overrated, they do have the most passionate fan base and from a money perspective, its profitable for the BCS to milk SEC fans for as much of their entertainment budget as possible because they know the SEC will travel, buy hotel rooms, watch the games, and buy the gear... and they know UK boosters will pay the fines when football fields are rushed and field goal posts are torn down.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

lmao @ "terrible analogy" after it worked to perfection.

Gotta love that.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I just beat this other basketball dude, well a series of 10 of them making 11 dudes in a 10 dude tournament - buts thats another thing altogether. Anyway even though all 10 dudes suck I won the most games in the round robin tournament and I am forced to go out west and play some guy in his own backyard. I mean I should be able to play anyone I want seeing as I am the best of the 10/11 of us, but instead I am forced to play Rosie Bol.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

lmao @ your delusion

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Why are you using other Big10 teams to belittle another conference? Hypocrite.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Stating a fact and using other teams to belittle other teams are not the same thing. Besides as an OSU fan I don't need to hide behind other Big 10 teams the way Tennessee fans hide behind Florida and Alabama.

7. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

So the fact that you are stating is that OSU has stunk it up against the SEC, but some other Big 10 teams have fared better?

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

The fact that Laun Horn couldn't beat you with his left hand simply exposed him as an incomplete player unworthy of his high ranking. Oh, I also heard a lot of people talk about Laun Horn's defensive skills. He was supposed to be a top ranked on-the-ball defender. Guess you exposed that myth, too.

9. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

You do realize there the exact same thing, just repackaged a little differently for your own argument's sake? Please show me where I belittled another school using Alabama or Florida, I'm still having trouble finding anything of the sort. All I find when I look is talk of the SEC being overrated (I think we're on thread number five now) since Alabama beat some one armed fool who was probably lucky to even be in the game (Nebraska you let me down). How I'm using Alabama to take a shot at the Big 10 and the sacred Ohio State, oh I'm sorry The Ohio State (still don't understand that one) is beyond me.

Also all you've done is take shots at Tennessee this entire time, even that quotation above cites that Ohio State is above and beyond historically a better football program. You've trashed us for riding the coat tails of other schools who at the moment are finding success easier to come by and as stated previously you've shown no evidence. I simply stated that Ohio State is 0-9 against the SEC in bowl games, which If my public school education taught me anything it's indeed a fact and not a matter of opinion.

I think the real reason that you as an Ohio State fan doesn't feel the need to "hide" behind any other Big 10 schools is that there's simply no other school for you to hide behind. Although you used the Big 10's record versus the SEC as a whole to supplement your argument earlier, hmm a bit hypocritical me thinks. Call it what you will but please I implore you first to take your own blinders off and realize the SEC owns you right now no matter the team it is.

I look forward to UT vs Ohio State in 2018 and 2019, should be fun.

10. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

It is a fact. OSU has done well against the Big 12. These are just facts. I can't dispute the results of the head to head match ups.

Yea and why does nobody defend my shots? There was what 1 picture of a newspaper clipping about 20 years ago and that's been it. The rest of the talk out of Tennessee fans is how great the SEC is because of the last 4 champions. Well please tell me, what the hell is Tennessee doing to make the SEC better? Because it seems to me like the answer is nothing and since Tennessee isn't doing anything to make the SEC better maybe, just maybe, people who are not SEC fans are a little tired of hearing about how great the SEC is from a team who doesn't contribute to that greatness. I've had this discussion a million times on titans central and they were huge SEC homers, especially after a national title game over OSU. So let me ask you and everyone else this, what did you do after Florida and LSU won their national championships? What would you have said to me or any OSU fan? Because if it's anything like Titans Central you would have acted and said the same thing an actual Florida or LSU fan would have and that is my biggest problem with the SEC and that's why I've always said SEC fans ride the coat tails of other good SEC teams.

The SEC is not a team it's a conference. Your proving my point. What SEC team has OSU played in the last 10 years or so? Florida and LSU but yet "the SEC owns us." There you go again, hiding behind teams. It's no secret who would win a game right now between OSU and Tennessee or South Carolina or Mississippi is it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar