I hope the Titans don't resign Vince Young. Click to find out why.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Kaeotik, Nov 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

I am convinced Vince can do evrything the Titans need him to, and believe in him more than enough to want him to the Titans QB for years to come. However, Vince deserves better. He is treated incredibly unfairly! Lies, and rumors are always flying around about him. If I was him, I would want to start over somewhere else, and I hope the Titans give him that chance. I don't know what best plan of action for a QB for next season would be if they didn't resign him, but I'm sick of the way the fans, and media treat him. It's embarrassing. I hope they let him go just so I won't have to be part of a fanbase that embarrasses me like they do right now. Just my opinion.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. VA_Titans

VA_Titans Camp Fodder

I'd like to see the Titans trade him somewhere or just let him go. I'd like to see Tennessee trade up for Andrew Luck

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I once felt this way. I thought his only way to succeed would be to get away from Tennessee when his contract expired. However since then (last October) my feeling have changed. Albert Haynesworth also thought the same, as did many other fans & former teammates of his.

Today though, I honestly think Vince is better off in Tennessee now than anywhere else. And it's because of his trials and tribulations in Nashville. If he ventures off anywhere else he'll have to answer all the questions again. In Tennessee Jeff Fisher has put those things in the past, and helped Vince get thru them. Vince has the goods to be great, and now with a full season as our QB (dating back to 2009) he's shown tremendous improvement. He'll only get better from here on out. I believed in him in 2008 when he was benched, and I still do today. More than ever today actually.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Both you and Vince need to grow a backbone, grow up and stop whining.

• High Five High Five x 9
  5. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I think the Titans as well as Vince need a fresh Start.

I think I'd prefer Mallett to Luck, but either would be a nice. Heard someone on the radio saying they wish we'd trade to get Kevin Kolb.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Kolb could be nice option,especially if Vick re-signs in Philly.

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I hope Vince plays lights out the rest of the season and we re-sign him. If he's just average or very inconsistent, it's probably time to just move on.

Honestly though, if Fisher is still here I sort of hope we just move on anyway. The strained relationship between Vince and Jeff is clearly hurting the team IMO. They can both put on a nice face and say all the right things about it, but there's bad blood there. One (or both) of them has to go.

I kind of feel the same way about Vince as I do Fisher in that I think he, as well as the team, might benefit from a change. Say what you want about his injury issues or attitude but Vince IS a good QB. He's proven it with his play this season as well as the final 10 games of the '09 season. I think a new coach might could come in here and start anew with him and we would see an even better VY. Regardless, I don't know if I can handle another season of the Fisher/Young soap opera.

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I'd prefer worrying about someone who is actually suffering vs some millionaire superstar taking a little bit of media and fan heat. We should all be so lucky..

Here's some kids who are unjustly spending their lives in an Arkansas prison if you can't find something worthy of supporting in your own neck of the woods..
    http://WM3.ORG

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

First of all, Vince Young is under contract in 2011, so the Titans don't need to re-sign him. He might be released and he might be given an extension, but he doesn't need to re-sign to be a Titan in 2011. They could let him play out his contract and franchise him in 2012 if they really want (assuming the franchise tag doesn't disappear when the new labor deal is reached).

Second of all, there is no chance the Titans get Andrew Luck, so let's just end that discussion right now. No team is going to trade up for the first overall pick and especially not the Titans.

10. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

VY for Colt McCoy straight up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar