I have to get this off my chest..

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ToddTheTitan, Aug 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

It's not racist, but its making fun of a disability he has. The guy has been the biggest contributor to this Franchise since he's been here. I do think we need to show him a lot more respect. He seems like a great guy.

Even though he held out, he did sign a long term deal with us instead of demanding a trade. He wanted to play here in TN and regardless of his performance this season, he's done everything asked of him this off-season and more. That deserves a lot respect IMO. He could've just taken the money and said eff the rest. He didn't. Money is obviously not his motivation anymore, he has that. It's his desire to win and be the best. He's proven that through his work effort.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. ToddTheTitan

ToddTheTitan GoTitans Homer

Trolling or not - most of them are fans of the team. I grow concerned about our fanbase when people start hating on players for no reason at all. Sure he wasn't great as a player last year. You can hate on that all day (although I do have a counter argument for that as well) but his tick? His clothes? His car? The way he talks?

It's absurd.

3. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

I agree with this it's pretty ridiculous the standards we hold him to. He is well on his way to being the best RB to ever play for the Titans/Oilers if he has 3 or so more 1200/1300 + years yet he's bashed on here like he's an actual scrub or not the best RB on the team. He deserves a good bit of it the treatment because of last year but he's done everything right since he's gotten back in shape to correct those issues and he's mostly even said all the right things if you don't pick at his words too much since sometimes it's obvious he has trouble getting his thoughts out the way he means it.

Also I do actually think there are some Titans fans that want to see him fail. Outside of the Titans though it seems like 80-90% of football fans want to see him fail which is pretty disappointing but it will be that much nicer when he comes back to being a top 5 back again and hopefully lead us to the playoffs.

4. TitansfaninKY

TitansfaninKY Starter

I guess I didn't realize how emotional and insecure our fan base was... Nothing but positive posts now guys! Everyone gets a medal!

5. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

I think it coincides with when the term "hater" came around. It seems that any negative criticism directly gets you labeled into "hater" status which feeds the fire.

That term should be banned from forums.

6. ToddTheTitan

ToddTheTitan GoTitans Homer

You know that's not what my post was about. I'm hard on certain players too. But I'm hard on their play - not on them as a person. Unless, of course, they give me a reason to such as Britt. CJ has never given me a reason to call him out as a human being and rarely as a player.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. mdfan

mdfan Starter

These forums are for venting as well as analysis.

On the field we all want CJ to be worth that money he was paid - so he's going to be held to a higher standard. In my opinion, so far this year he has talked and looked like he is motivated towards achieving that higher standard.

I think any racist posts that are anywhere but in Taboo should be reported.

8. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

The irony.

9. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

:cj:

10. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

It's not just trolls taking the hate for this guy too far. He's the nest player we have, and gets treated like complete scum by a shocking portion of the fans. I cannot say it is racism. It's something other than football with many of our fans though. Not sure if you'll get any of them to admit it, but there is some kind of hatred that isn't normal toward a teams best player among our fanbase. It's embarrassing.

• High Five High Five x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar